Quality & Engineering Manager
A world leading Design and Manufacturing business based in the Walton On Thames area are recruiting for an experienced Quality and Engineering Manager to join them on a permanent basis. The role will focus upon the Aerospace and Defence sectors and ensure best quality through Quality Systems compliance and Manufacturing Engineering innovation.
Reporting to the Quality Director and leading a team of two direct reports each with three subordinates you will be instrumental in Engineering competence, quality system compliance and lean manufacturing initiatives.
The Quality & Engineering Manager role:
- Control and ensure company performance is in line with EASA part 21G and 145, FAR145, CASE and international standards Iso9001 and AS9100.
- Own and manage all corrective action processes arising from complaints, returns or internal defects.
- Strategic implementation of business performance monitoring tools including internal audits, supplier performance and business KPI's to facilitate improvements.
- Lead MRB & FRB activities to ensure process efficiency.
- Provide day to day manufacturing engineering support for the production cells to ensure schedule adherence.
The successful Quality & Engineering Manager Candidate:
- Must have previous proven experience of quality and manufacturing engineering team management
- Must have a strong understanding of EASA regulations and have experience of applying them within your day to day role.
- Ideally understanding of Part 21G & 145 although someone who has worked within an AS9100 environment will also be considered alongside EASA regulations experience.
- Ideally the successful candidate will be biased more towards the manufacturing Engineering side in terms of background with a strong understanding and experience of Quality systems management and implementation but more quality focused candidates will be considered with a strong Engineering qualification.
If you are interested and would like to apply, please immediately apply to be considered