Logistics done differently.
Are the words 'future-focussed', 'transformation' and 'growth' something you'd associate with a place you'd love to work? Read on, something sensational is happening in Milton Keynes. We have a new site start-up for one of our existing customers. Would you like to be part of it?
We're looking for a QHSE Manager to lead and implement our site safety plan at our start-up, ready for go live late in 2020 - by the time we go live, we expect there to be approximately 450 staff across a 360,000 sq. ft warehouse. We're not looking for someone to tick every box listed below, but we are looking for someone that can help drive a culture of safety, not just someone that will pick out safety flaws.
Pay, benefits and more:
We offer 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), as well as the option to buy additional days. You'll have access to a variety of high street discounts, as well as a cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension, and many other benefits.
What you'll do on a typical day:
· Day-to-day you will champion the XPO philosophy in the management and communication of health, safety and environment to create a best in class safety culture and all areas of legal compliance
· Being a member of the site leadership team, you will support the build of the site QSHE function, implementing processes and systems to deliver site safety objectives, playing an active part in the site ethos and strategy
· Working in partnership with key stakeholders you'll ensure that all QSHE related process and systems are in place to meet legal compliance inc. PPE, MHE, DSE, RIDDOR, Yard Management and COSHH
· We'll need you to manage, monitor and advise in relation to any accidents / incidents supporting the investigation, and production of statistical information in relation to QHSE performance
What you need to succeed at XPO:
· Proven experience in a similar senior QSHE Manager role with detailed knowledge of UK H&S legislation. Being NEBOSH qualified is a minimum for this role
· If you're from an ambient food retail background this would be a huge plus, although we'll consider applicants from other fast-paced retail environments
· A positive attitude is a MUST - we work hard, so we need to make sure we love the environment we work in and make sure this flows throughout our workforce, do you have experience of this? Be part of something big