We’re working with a producer of high quality desserts in their search for a Quality Assurance Manager.
Role responsibilities include
- To lead on food safety, quality and hygiene, implementing changes where necessary to comply with customers’ and government regulations.
- Issue and maintain customers’ specifications, labels, and other documentation and ensure it is adhered to. Maintain specifications of all finished product standards.
- Respond to customer complaints, liaising with Senior Managers as necessary.
Lead the QA team, ensuring the product is checked online on a routine basis, recording customer specific information as required.
- Work with new product development and production teams to ensure that methods and working practises for new products and product changes comply with relevant food safety requirements.
- Ensure packaging, label and product nutrition information is accurate. Maintain shelf life trials to ensure best before dates are correct.
- Work with purchasing to ensure all suppliers complete a paper audit before supply. Inspect high risk ingredients’ suppliers before being given approval to purchase.
- Advise on Export methodology within Europe and the USA
- Ensure Company meets its legal requirements for environmental health issues including pest control, temporary agency compliance and QA manual compliance
- Works with export agencies in international shipment compliance and documentation
- Confident handling of customers own representative requirements
- Oversees and maintains standards from Contract Cleaning company
- Production laboratory sample organisation and analysis and implementing corrective actions
We’re looking for someone with a degree in Food Science (or equivalent) and has experience and a good technical knowledge of food safety requirements and has the leadership skills and the confidence to use them to motivate and inspire.