Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £28,000
Magenta have an exciting opportunity available for a self-motivated, conscientious scientist to join the manufacturing team at our clients’ site in Oxfordshire.
This is a predominantly lab-based role involved in the purification and in-process quality testing of our raw materials and finished goods.
The ideal candidate will have a strong proven track record in purification techniques such as affinity, size exclusion and ion exchange chromatography, together with a working knowledge of protein purity testing techniques.
- Purification of antibodies from cell culture supernatants and serums
- Basic Troubleshooting in protein purifications
- In Process testing using spectrophotometer and gel electrophoresis techniques
- Writing and maintaining SOPs
- 3 years post-graduation experience in an industrial or academic lab
- Working knowledge and experience in purification of proteins using chromatographic techniques
- Expertise in Antibody handling and manipulation starting from cell culture of monoclonal antibodies
- Experience working in an industrial environment
- Minimum BSc in a Biological Sciences related subject