Our Client, a Housing Association are hiring a Purchase Ledger Manager on a 6 Month Fixed Term Contract. This is a Hybrid position
Remote/Hybrid Working Available
Managing a team of 5 direct reports
Main Purpose of Job
The Purchase Ledger Manager will supervise 5 Finance Assistants (Purchase Ledger), deal with client queries and escalations, build and maintain relationships with suppliers, review processes and identify areas of improvement, produce KPI reports and handle month end processes.
- Overseeing the accurate and timely inputting of invoices into the Purchase Ledger system.
- Management of Purchase ledger email mailboxes, including allocation of invoices and resolving supplier and internal queries.
- Oversee the import of all invoices for payment ensuring they have been coded correctly and authorised in line with delegated authority.
- Manage payments runs which includes manual payments, weekly BACs runs and disbursements (cheques).
- Maintain aged creditors every month
- Assist with month end reporting for purchase ledger including providing copy invoices for external loan drawdowns.
- Reconciliation of quarterly key supplier statements and at year end.
- Reconcile all sales ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Support the implementation of new systems and become the super user for Purchase Ledger elements.
- Ensuring key tasks are completed in a comprehensive, timely and accurate manner with delegation to direct reports as required.
- To supervise, motivate and develop reporting staff ensuring delivery of their duties and objectives.
- To assist in the preparation of the Monthly and Statutory Management and Financial information.
- Liaise with Internal and External Auditors to resolve the queries.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years managing a purchase ledger team in a dynamic multi-company environment
- Good standard of literacy/numeracy
- Minimum A level equivalent
- Track record of driving process improvements
- Experience of building relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external)
- Knowledge of using Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Basic knowledge of Data protection i.e. Confidentiality and Equal Opportunities
- Experience of Sun Accounts System
- Working towards a professional accountancy qualification such as AAT or equivalent
- Construction/CIS experience
- VLOOKUP's/Pivot Tables in Excel
- Self-motivated, performance driven with initiative to assess complex situations and make decisions quickly and effectively and deliver excellent internal and external customer service.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work outside of normal working hours on occasion to meet deadlines
- Be customer focused
- Be honest, open and accountable
- Have a "can do" approach and accept responsibility
- Have new ideas and always seek to improve
Due to the high volume of applications for our roles, if you have not been contacted within 14 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Noble Recruiting are an independent, family-run recruitment agency based in Wickford, Essex. We are an equal opportunities employer and have been acting as a recruiting agency and business for over 10 years.
Noble Recruiting Limited act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.