Responsible for all site based civil engineering and production operations. Setting out all civil engineering works including roads, sewers and groundworks. This will also include setting up and managing GPS Control on site. Taking responsibility for the delivery of onsite works to meet agreed programs including liaising with client and their design team to manage information and changes.
Projects Engineer Principal Accountabilities
· All setting out of onsite civil engineering works.
· Reviewing and dealing with technical queries on design information.
· Drawing management.
· Main point of contact for site supervisors.
· Undertaking quality checks
· Working to site health, safety and environmental plans.
· Reporting site progress to Production Director.
· Recording progress including work records and as-built surveys.
· Co-ordinating onsite inspections with external bodies i.e. LABC, NHBC etc
Supervision/Management of People
· Site Supervisors
· Groundworks Gangs
Projects Engineer Person Specification
Degree or Equivalent - Desirable
HNC or Equivalent - Essential
CSCS Card - Essential
SMSTS / SSSTS - Desirable
First Aid - Desirable
Projects Engineer Knowledge and Experience
· Minimum 5 years experience working as a site engineer.
· Experience of on site management is desirable.
· Experience of using GPS Control desirable;
Projects Engineer Skills
· Good communication skills both verbal and written.
· Good problem solver with positive attitude towards on site challenges.
· Good analytical skills and strategic thinker.
· Ability to adapt to a changing working environment.
· To work as part of team and assist in a variety of roles when needed.
· Good technical understanding of information