Project Support Officer
Our client, one of the UK's leading Energy providers is looking to recruit a Project Support Officer to work within their Central Technical Organisation team which provides technical engineering and project services to all of its 8 Nuclear power stations.
Nature and Scope
Supports the business in developing a year-ahead work plan constrained to the internal resources and funding available.
Provides support to those managing packages of work by helping them with a variety of standard business processes/systems / tools and liaising with appropriate internal stakeholders.
Provides management information to delivery teams to ensure that the current portfolio of work is matched to the internal and external resources and budgets available, and reallocated as effectively as possible when priorities change.
The support includes but is not limited to:-
raising orders for the spending of monies on goods and services,
ensuring that accruals/goods receipts are in place,
managing external budgets during the year, making changes where needed,
securing changes to planned levels of internal resource,
updating and inputting data for internal resources and planned milestones
problem-solving on behalf of those managing packages of work to ensure good control, wherever this is appropriate and
input at progress meetings where required to provide supporting information to those managing the packages of work.
Ad-hoc support, in line with Business need.
Previous experience of providing high-quality proactive support to others in a business environment.
* Strong numerical skills, able to interrogate, analyse and report data.
* Good experience of Microsoft Office software in general, must include some experience in the use of excel for reporting and analysis.
* Experience of working in a large organisation, or an organisation with 'matrix management' is useful but not essential.
Clear bias for action with a healthy questioning attitude.
* Ability to complete tasks to deadline.
* Ability to work on own initiative, identify problems and solve them.
* Good interpersonal skills, able to actively build and develop strong working relationships across a variety of diverse teams.
* Enthusiasm for provision of high-quality support to others, with a proactive approach.
* Excellent team player with strong ability for collaborative working.
* High level of professionalism.
* Ability and enthusiasm to learn new processes and tools quickly, not afraid to be in the 'deep end' to start with.
* Flexible, adaptable and speedily reactive to urgent situations.
* Good attention to detail.
* Excellent communication skills.
Please note; if successful you will be employed by Manpower working on a temporary ongoing basis with our client, the duration of the role is until the end of December 2021 with the scope of extending for the right candidate. You will be expected to undertake a drugs and alcohol test as well as be security checked to BPSS and CTC levels. Our client is implementing a new 'blended working' pattern, therefore, there will be a future requirement to work onsite as and when required.
Key Benefits working with Manpower:
36 days holiday accrual (pro-rata) including bank holidays
Company pension scheme
Access to client facilities onsite
Access to Manpower's online training platform 'powerYOU', giving you access to hundreds of online training courses
Opportunity to be selected for additional upskilling and career support through Manpower's MyPath programme
Dedicated Manpower Account Specialist to provide support during your assignmentThis role is managed by our Manpower on-site team and not related to the Bristol office - PLEASE DO NOT CALL BRISTOL OFFICE REGARDING THIS ROLE - if you have not heard from Manpower within 15 business days of submitting your application then unfortunately your application has not been shortlisted at this time