JOB TITLE: Project Manager
LOCATION: Hinkley Point C
SALARY/RATE AND BENEFITS: 50k - 70k P/A
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING: track record of assisting and or delivering projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment whilst ensuring high levels of safety, security and environmental responsibility, ideally possess a Large Process Industry (chemicals, Oil,Gas), Rail, or Nuclear Energy sector in a similar regulated environment.
Hinkley Point 'C' (HPC) is a vital part of the UK's future energy strategy. As the first of the UK's next generation of Nuclear power stations, HPC is both of high profile and high complexity. Its delivery will be reliant not only on innovative engineering and construction but also on the strongest of Leadership qualities amongst its Project Management Function. The role is to provide support and or leadership to ensure the effective delivery of the Equipment Programme of HPC, whilst recognising and managing the impacts of the programme on the wider Project.
The Project Manager/Assistant Project Manager reports directly to a Delivery Manager (usually a Senior Project Manager) and is responsible for the direction and leadership of activities associated with the full life cycle delivery of a contract(s) or work package(s) assigned to them. Values of projects can range from £2-3 m to greater than £100m.
* Define the work scope to be delivered within the contract or package of work and the interfaces to the other elements of the programme
* Leads any change process to control necessary changes (should they be required) to the Scope documents (BSTC and Datasheets) to accelerate notification of the required changes to the wider HPC and Supplier project teams.
* Write, develop and implement strategies and plans in line with the overall programme execution plan (PEP), setting out how the programme of work will be managed, organised and executed.
* Maintain effective communications with all stakeholders and executing the project or PEP strategies within their contract or package of work
* Drive the delivery of the contract or package activities to ensure they are delivered safely, on time, to budget, meeting business & technical requirements. Monitor and manage the progress of the programme - track progress against milestones, deadlines, budget and provide key stakeholders with reports on these matters
* Anticipate, manage and resolve issues within the contract or package. Identify risks and facilitate the resolution of all issues raised, develop and update the programme budget, and escalate any issues to the Delivery Manager (Senior Project Manager or Director)
* Potentially find alternative suppliers - with awareness of the need to find industry equivalence for the codes and standards across the supply chain and EDF Standards in the UK and ONR TAG's - understanding of how they may feature in any HPC safety case, operations and design
* Establishes working relationships with the existing teams, and understands where project information is stored, and / or can be accessed to provide rapid updates to Technical queries that are submitted from suppliers and wider stakeholders.
* Ensure level 3 schedules are developed and maintained for the contract or package of work. Ensure such schedules are consistent with overall Project schedules (levels 1 and level 2). Escalate any discrepancies to the Senior Project Manager, and Monthly Reports.
* Manage the List of Deliverables (LOD), Master Equipment lists, Master Procurement Plans relating to the scope of work is delivered.Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
* Track record of assisting and or delivering projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment whilst ensuring high levels of safety, security and environmental responsibility, ideally possess a Large Process Industry (chemicals, Oil,Gas), Rail, or Nuclear Energy sector in a similar regulated environment.
* Demonstrate management of:
o Engineering design, contract and field execution strategies for project delivery,
o Facilitating equivalence in technical standards across industries and or geographies is a major positive but not essential.
o Multi-discipline projects through the project lifecycle;
o Procurement and management of complex contracts,
o Managing Project Controls - costs; risk; schedule and change and proficient in the use of Earned Value tools,
o Management and or knowledge of executing under standard commercial contracts, and or be-spoke contracts for industry.
* Experience of successfully engaging groups of stakeholders through a gated execution model.
* Understands Safety, and has contributed/organised or been part of previous safety reviews such as HAZOP, FMEA, ALARP, PCSR, CDM etc.
* Able to demonstrate management skills for project management, financial management, change management and facilitation. Proficient and or experience with the use of estimating, scheduling, programming and risk tools.
* Experience of managing contractors, consultants and other advisors throughout large and complex construction projects, in a regulated environment. Including NEC or FIDIC contracts.
* Good presentation, influencing and facilitation skills. Excellent communication and organisational skills, able to develop relationships and maintain effective networks.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants