Do you want to work for one of the most well-known media companies? A chance to work on business and technology projects that will fundamentally transform the business and give you a huge variety of exciting projects to lead end to end, whilst working with a collaborative and brilliant team in a fast-paced broadcast media company?Hybrid working between home and Central London office. Excellent package and benefits.Job Purpose
This role will be a great next step for an experienced Project Manager who is confident in running end to end projects (both business and technology, so think systems, people and process transformation that could include (CRM, broadcast systems, Dynamics etc.). This role is ideal for someone passionate about delivering excellent projects and working with a wide variety of teams, both technical and non-technical stakeholders. Previous experience working in media, either broadcast or advertising would be very useful, but not essential. If you haven't worked in media/advertising then experience working on dynamics projects is key. The primary focus of this role is on the management of projects that are aligned to the commercial division and are therefore vital to the delivery of its strategic objectives.
The job holder will lead and coordinate a combined team of delivery, support, functional and technical professionals (both on and offshore) and be the main point of engagement.Projects will involve development, across multiple cross functional systems (in house and external) and require interfacing with and managing third parties; as such experience delivering a number of development projects simultaneously spanning multiple teams and business areas is essential.The role will also involve working co-operatively and consultatively with a number of key business stakeholders. Successful engagement with these stakeholders will be a critical element of the role as you will manage scope, prioritisation, budget, timelines, communications and resources to deliver project objectives.Essential Experience & Skills
- Media and/or Broadcast industry knowledge, an appreciation of advertising either traditional TV or VOD
- Experience working with the integration of commercial off the shelf applications
- Experience delivering CRM projects (especially Dynamics 365)
- Proven Project Manager experienced in managing small to medium scale, cross functional, complex projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects; up to 5 at any one time.
- Ability to operate independently and take accountability.
- Focused and timely communication skills; clear and persuasive under pressure.
- In-depth understanding of systems architecture & technology development lifecycle.
- Experienced in supplier management and proof of concept processes, working within legal and procurement boundaries.
- Establishing and setting up project governance structure and chairing meetings.
- Able to effectively deal with changing priorities or obstacles and to provide alternative options or solutions.
- Demonstrate situational leadership skills, enabling clear prioritisation, conflict resolution and delegation.
- Must have in depth theoretical and hands-on experience of project management methodologies e.g. PRINCE2 and Agile practices such as SCRUM, KANBAN with the ability to harness the right elements at the right time
- Must have understanding of leading requirements definition and process design
- Must have the ability to quickly gain knowledge and understanding of a range of applications and business functions.
- Demonstrable track record of success with demanding customers and time pressures.
- Must have collaboration skills working effectively with multiple delivery and product stakeholders; ability to build a network across the business stakeholders.
- Project Planning: Lead multi-phased, multi-party concurrent projects, planning effort, including the formulation of the overall design with architects, build and test effort, integration with legacy and inflight system projects working in conjunction with other teams.
- Project Control: Lead the development of effective plans for controlling project scope, schedule, and cost baseline, then monitor the project execution to ensure that the plan is being followed and manage/escalate any issues within a timely manner. Ensures work is delivered within the Technology Governance Framework and PMO, including delivery of project artefacts and documentation.
- Project Risk and Issue Management: Lead the definition of delivery risks, and the required mitigation approaches. Monitor work stream activities for the occurrence of risks and takes timely action to mitigate the risk. Advise project team members, stakeholders and senior management of actions required or completed. Resolve problems by analysing issues, discerning the most appropriate courses of action, providing tactical direction and, when necessary, reallocating resources.
- Resource Management: Manage teams comprised of solution architects, business analysts and various other technical specialists. Ensures team members are adequately equipped and performing at the required level.
- Budgetary & Cost Control: maintain clear and transparent cost control across all areas of the project, providing regular forecast/spend against budget projection.
- Full system development and implementation lifecycle: from inception, design, build & test to a live fully supported system, accepted by the business stakeholder, project timescales ranging from approx. 3 months+ in duration. Responding to user queries and issues that will occur in Production.