Project Engineer / Manager - Permanent - Salary + Benefits - Lancaster region
Our leading equipment & machinery manufacturing client is seeking a Project Engineer / Manager (ideally with proposals experience). This is a dual-role (training & development will be provided if needed) with the main purpose of the role being the management of customer orders (Projects) to ensure they are delivered on time, within budget and to the quality standard expected for that contract, thus helping to build excellent customer relations whilst protecting the company from any financial risks. In addition to this, there will be a requirement to work on new proposal work, to provide estimated technical and commercial proposals with all necessary supporting documentation in full compliance with our client requirements and the Companies' quality systems.
* Create and execute project plans to time and cost and revise as appropriate to meet evolving project needs.
* Identify resources needed and assign individual/team responsibilities.
* Manage day-to-day operational aspects of project/s.
* Managing international supply chain requirements and communicate effectively with Supply Chain and Factory to meet project needs (OEM's & Fabricators/Assembly & Test).
* Review & confirm deliverables before passing to client.
* Effectively apply our project management methodology and enforce project standards.
* Help to prepare quality strategy and quality assurance procedures. Minimise exposure and risk on project/s.
* Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
* Produce project status reports and issue to appropriate recipients monthly or as specified by the project.
* Produce a close out report for lessons learned. Project Accounting.
* Track and report team hours, costs, expenses & material spend on a weekly basis.
* Manage project budget, reporting on any deviations.
* Determine appropriate revenue recognition, ensure timely and accurate invoicing, and monitor receivables for project.
* Follows up with clients, when necessary, payment of invoices. Analyse project profitability, revenue, margins and cash flow.
Proposal duties (if needed necessary training will be provided to fulfil the below duties)
* Receive enquiries from both the Contracts & Proposal Managers, assess each enquiry to gain full understanding of the level of work required to meet client and Company requirements.
* Produce systems requirement calculations, using Company or third party calculation templates where applicable.
* Provide information to support design team and/or supply chain, necessary to produce enquiry specifications for specialist bespoke items.
* Prepare and distribute technical enquiries to appropriate suppliers and sub-contractors, and select most appropriate bids resulting from foregoing enquiries.
* Produce quotation costs using the appropriate Company business systems.
* Produce and prepare supporting documentation (data sheets etc.) required to fulfil enquiry requirements (these documents may include specifications, P&ID drawings, completed client data sheets, deviation and clarification lists, packing specifications, shipping costs, spare parts lists etc).
* Support the Sales team following submission of initial proposal, by undertaking technical clarifications and revision of proposals as necessary.
* Participation in hand-over meetings (to project team), ensuring that the project and design teams delegated are made fully aware of all pertinent technical aspects and requirements of the project. Prior to such hand-over meetings, you will be expected to ensure that all relevant files are in order, to ensure timely hand-over meetings.
Qualification & Experience:
* Possessing excellent interpersonal skills, you must be an effective communicator, comfortable working cross-functionally and having the ability to effectively influence at all levels within the organisation.
* Ideally with a Mechanical Engineering qualifications or a proven track record in a similar role.
* Strong IT skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Strong presentation and communication skills, one to one, groups as well as written communications. Commercial management experience.
* Demonstrate an ability to deliver projects and commitments on time