IBP are looking for a Programme Planner to be part of the Design & PMO team in the UK. The Programmer Planner will support the Programme Manager to ensure that all Project Opportunities are programmed correctly to meet the desired client release dates and operational resource capacity. Liaising with the appropriate operational delivery teams to track progress against programme and update/ amend programmes on weekly basis as required to reflect outputs. To ensure that any non-operational planned activities are actioned in accordance with the programme and update progress accordingly.
The business is a leading specialist in building high-quality communication networks that connect millions of properties across the UK, from national fibre networks for voice and data services, to delivering the latest technology to multiple dwelling units.
What will your key responsibilities be?
- Support the operational delivery teams in the delivery of the programme outputs and outcomes.
- Planning and co-ordination of the predecessors and successors within the programme ensuring that the programme logic is correct and appropriate for the outputs required.
- Provide timely and accurate updates on receipt of tracking data from delivery teams
- Compilation of compliant programmes, production of analytical statistical data and proactive publication of both to Design and PMO Manager & operational Delivery Managers.
- To monitor programmes and target Delivery Managers to deliver the programme to the required timescales maintaining compliance with all quality and safety requirements.
- Develop, monitor, and publish internal Key Performance Metrics.
- Proactively drive all necessary actions to ensure programme activities are actioned at the earliest opportunity.
- 3rd Party Relationship Management; providing copy programmes to the Design Team ensuring their compliance with the key dates, outputs and outcomes.
- Review current processes and procedures to identify potential IT solutions to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Suggest and support solutions to continually improve programme production monitoring and update speed and accuracy.
- Design and generate ad hoc reports to meet senior management / Client requirements.
What competencies are we looking for?
- Advance user in MS Excel
- Advance user in MS Project
- Analytical approach to understand trends and lead/ lag indicators
- Good people interfacing skills
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Hands on approach
- Good understanding and application of the build specifications and client guidelines and processes associated with fibre networks.
- Ability to liaise effectively with client contract management representatives.
- Ability to liaise effectively with operational delivery representatives.
- Experience of planning high volume short duration programmes of works
- P6 programming experience
- Permit & Noticing experience
- Understanding of Wayleaves and processes