Location: Stirling, FK7 7QQ.Salary: Competitive, DOEContract: Full time, permanent.
What you can expect from us:
- Free on site parking,
- location close to bus and rail links,
- cycle to work scheme,
- life assurance,
- EAP, Discount shopping vouchers, occupational health screening, learning & development platform, access to professional development
Superglass are a manufacturer of mineral glass wool thermal and acoustic insulation. We currently have an opportunity for a Production Manager to join our site based in the heart of Stirling.
This role is to provide leadership to the Production team of circa 80 people, controlling standard operating processes, product quality, equipment suitability, managing costs, developing people and above all HS&E good practice. As a catalyst leader you will drive all aspects of performance management within the department and promote a culture of continuous improvement through setting and achieving higher standards in key areas.
What we need from you
- Ensure Health, Safety and Well-being of all production staff;
- Set standards for the team ensuring the SOP s are documented, deployed and upheld by team and reviewed / updated regularly;
- Collaborate with others including engineering colleagues to ensure equipment is maintained and uptime is maximised;
- Providing clear and consistent, reliable leadership which inspires a winning team mindset and engages the team;
- Build clearly defined job roles and training plans to optimise production capability;
- Create a culture encompassing diversity and inclusion valuing individual dignity and respect;
- Identify areas for improvement and leads the team to complete projects for continuous improvement cycles;
- Utilising Lean manufacturing tools and techniques for productivity optimisation;
- Ensure product quality is monitored, controlled and within appropriate specification taking reasoned decisions on necessary actions;
- Monitors budgets and controls costs for labour, waste and plant hire.
- 3+ years leadership experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Working knowledge of lean and/or other relevant methodologies;
- Demonstrable leadership skillset with ability to influence;
- Effective communication skills;
- Continuous Improvement;
- IT skills in MS Office.
- Qualification / certification in manufacturing discipline;
- IOSH Managing Safely;
- Experience in managing budgets.
If you have the right to work in the UK and have the skills and experience to be successful in this role we d love to hear from you!
No Agencies please.