Our client is a fast paced and demanding sourcing office with global operations. They now have an exciting opportunity for a Product Development Manager, to work across womens tailoring and slippers. The role is located in their Shanghai office.
Product Manager - Womenswear - Tailoring & Slippers- The Role:
- Set sales budgets together with merchandising manager for each relevant product category / department
- Establish a strategy to achieve the sales target.
- Monitor status of sales against the budget on a continual basis and make adjustments as necessary.
- Work with the UK Buying and Design teams to understand the needs of the Customer.
- Have a clear understanding of the Product Offer from the Country / Region to develop strategies to grow the business.
- Stay updated with UK fashion trends and product directions within Next. This will involve regular travel to the UK (and inspirational travel elsewhere) and constant communications with UK Buying and Design teams.
- Manage the product offer from the Country / Region. This will require developing a good understanding of local mills and garment makers in terms of their product range, prices and lead-times. Develop strategies with them to offer Next a competitive edge.
- Work with the Merchandising and Technical teams within the local office to ensure the Product Offer is backed-up by excellent service and quality. In particular, development samples and price quotes must always be fast and accurate.
- Work closely with fabric sourcing to ensure that all key seasonal fabrics are delivered in season. Ensure Customer visits to the Country / Region are well prepared and that visitors are always impressed.
- Motivate and develop your team, evaluating and distributing workload to ensure this is balanced across the team members.
- Adapts to and finds the best way forward in new, changing or challenging situations while supporting the team to stay positive and motivated
- Provide autonomy and empowerment to team member and encourage them to demonstrate ownership
- Set impactful goals for own team that are aligned with the strategic directions of the organization
- Perform duties as required by the company and according to company policy, to support the growth and prosperity of the business, and according to the company needs.
Product Manager - Womenswear - Tailoring & Slippers - The Candidate:
- Preferable minimum 5 years with Jacket and slippers experience in the product category
- Excellent planning, ability to prioritize and strong execution skills
- Must have strong Leadership skills, be an exceptional team player and a decision maker
- Proactive, reliable and strong multi-task skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with the UK market is advantageous
- Ability to work under pressure and independently
- Strong analytical, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Excellent of both written and spoken English, understanding of local country language would be a plus
- Excellent people management experience
- Able to travel
- Proactive and reliable
- Bachelor or Master Degree in design field is an advantage
- Comprehensive technical knowledge for all your departmental areas.
Product Manager - Womenswear - Tailoring & Slippers - The Package:
- Competitive salary + benefits
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.