A brilliant opportunity has become available to join one of Sheffield's largest engineering firms, working in a dual purpose role as a Process Planning Engineer & CNC/Laser Programmer.
Reporting to the Sales and Commercial Director and The Senior Programmer you will be an integral part if the team ensuring a smooth running of planning internal and external manufacturing sequences. In addition to this you will be creating, modifying and nesting metal parts/components.
The successful candidate will be given a degree of autonomy within their role to plan their week effectively. You must be a strong communicator and have a good understanding of technical engineering and CAD. An eye for detail, accuracy and a strong team player are all essential to the role.
Attractive working hours of Monday - Thursday 08:30 - 17:00 & 08:30 - 13:00 on a Friday. The successful candidate can expect to earn between £23 & £25,000 dependant on experience and will also receive a £750 bonus paid out evenly on Months 3,6 & 12.
* On receipt of order, review order requirements against tender offer.
* Review quotation documents assessing scope, risks and complexity in order to plan production routings on the Mietrak business system.
* Add value to team and company processes, by adopting (Lean Manufacturing and VAVE Principles) were possible.
* Co-ordinate and conduct handover meetings with production where applicable.
* Provide support to internal staff regarding tender and/ or production routing queries throughout the manufacturing process.
* Maintain and develop both existing and new supplier relationships.
* Monitor and report relevant management information.
* Adhere to all company policies.
* Processing customer drawing requirements as quickly and as accurately as possible.
* Completing CAD functions such as, drawing, modifying and nesting in a timely manner utilising Bystronic Bysoft software.
* Liaising with customers when required to ensure drawings are correct and suitable for manufacture.
* Ensuring nesting is as economical s possible to ensure minimum wastage.
Desired Skills & Experience:
* Ideally possessing an engineering qualification to HND level or equivalent.
* Excellent Written & Verbal skills.
* Computer Literate across all MS Office Programmes - Word, Excel, Outlook etc
* Ability to work to tight deadlines.
* Incredibly motivated to succeed and make the role their own.
* Pride in one's own work output - delivering a hands on proactive approach to work.
This is an immediate start position following a successful interview with the client. 12 week Temp to Perm position but a possible Permanent role for the correct candidate