A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
We are seeking a Powerpack Engineer to lead the development of the MHEV Powerpack to deliver our propulsion systems of the future for our world class portfolio of products. The ideal candidate will have extensive ideas and strategies that foster an environment of collaboration and creativity.
This role is responsible for the definition; development and delivery of Mild Hybrid Systems, consisting of multiple hardware and software interconnected components, into Jaguar Land Rover vehicles.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
The Powerpack Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the Powerpack (e.g. Engine and application systems, Hybrid technology, Transmission and Driveline) are sufficiently specified through system requirements, and ensuring adherence to both legislative and corporate design standards are met. This include the responsibility for ensuring that system requirements are fully traceable back to their origin at the vehicle level and then downwards, into the commodity teams.
You would be responsible for:
• Generation of targets and verification methods that are driven by Customer, Function Requirements and Functional Failure Analysis
• Contribute to the delivery of the systems into the various vehicle lines, in line with the Systems Engineering discipline outlined by Product Creation Systems
• Provide technical support and assistance across the operational team on topics relating to the integration and harmonisation of multiple interconnected components including issue resolution and objective data analysis
• Work with Technical Specialists and Subject Matter Experts on Attribute and Function Forward Strategies, including new Function Definition and Requirements
• Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Relevant experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment - ideally within the Powertrain Sector
• Enthusiasm for cars and the driving experience for themselves and purchasing customers
• Good verbal and written communications
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Relevant experience of system definition, system architecture development, requirements specification, design/performance modelling, systems integration, system assessment and acceptance
• Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Engineering knowledge of MHEV Propulsion systems/ integration experience
• Full driving licence
• Experience in applying Systems Engineering and in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach
• Experience in working in an agile or scrum methodology including use of JIRA for task management