Founded in 2014 by ex-Goldman Sachs leaders, CEO Kirat Singh and Mark Higgins. Beacon builds and designs enterprise-scale trading, analytics, and risk management platforms. In addition to developing applications for front and middle office users, the Beacon Platform includes cloud-based, secure sandbox infrastructure, a full suite of developer tools, and transparent source code to give its clients unparalleled power to own the full stack and achieve their business goals. A collaborative and innovative team, Beacon is now 140+ employees with offices in New York, London, Berlin, and Tokyo.
About the role:
The Platform Engineering team is responsible for the development and support of Beacon's cloud based Platform-as-a-Service offering. The successful candidate will help the team develop new platform capabilities and integrations, as well as refactoring and maintaining Beacon's existing suite of Platform Engineering tooling.
- Develop, implement and support new platform components, integrations between the Beacon Platform and cloud vendor offerings, platform deployment strategies, and other such tools.
- Refactor, review and remediate bugs and issues in Beacon's existing Platform Engineering codebase
- Contribute to the architecture design of new Platform Engineering components and offerings
- Collaborate with the various other teams within Beacon during the deployment of particularly challenging or ambitious Beacon Platform instances
- Research industry best practices and new emerging technologies to ensure Beacon always provides the best value to our clients
- Engage in the review and approval of new code contributions within the Platform
- Self starter who is passionate about delivering high quality solutions for our clients, whilst taking ownership of their work
- Comfortable with fast paced and dynamic environments
- Attentive to details & fast learner - eager to deep-dive into technical components and take an analytical approach to understanding the root cause of issues where they arise
- Able to effectively communicate complex technical scenarios to non-technical team members
Technical Skill Requirements:
- Strong Linux operating system experience
- Proven experience building solutions on and developing integrations to public cloud platforms & services, in particular on AWS/Azure
- Container orchestration & management - Docker/Kubernetes/EKS/AKS
- Computer Science related degree, or equivalent experience
Nice to haves:
- Cloud certification in either AWS or Azure
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform & Puppet
We are smart, curious people who want to work somewhere that respects all of our lives and interests. This means we all care about - and respects the boundaries of - work-life balance, but when we work, we work hard and with great attention to detail.
Beacon does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Beacon encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Beacon Platform participates in eVerify