At Saint-Gobain, we pride ourselves on being innovative, customer focused, agile, open and engaging and entrepreneurial. We are also proud to have been named a 'Top Employer' for 5 consecutive years. If you are a quick learner, you like working in a team, and you want to know what it's like to work for a top employer that is working hard to make the world a better home; then please read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity to join us as a Plant Manager.
This role is working with Saint-Gobain Tape Solutions, where we've been pioneering foam and tape products for over 60 years. Our passion for offering unparalleled quality, service and support means you can pursue new opportunities and gain a competitive advantage with the backing of our global team.
As a Plant Manager, you will be responsible for the implementation of the strategic business plan for the PPL Tape Solutions plant at Corby and the achievement of budgeted performance through day-to-day management activities.
Is this role right for me?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working. For this role in particular we are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Mechanical or Chemical Engineer educated to degree level
- Significant previous experience in production management in an industrial environment
- Leader of people with excellent communication skills
- Experience of MRP systems (ideally QAD)
- Good analytical skills
- Project Management experience
- Good IT MS office skills
- Solutions Focused
- Collaborative approach
- Flexible, tenacious and resilient
- European languages (in addition to English)
- Experience in automotive volume manufacturing
- Understanding of Industry 4.0
What will I be doing in the role?
- Managing direct reports and staff, including maintaining job descriptions and monitoring performance, encouraging employees to pursue developmental opportunities and ensuring that the company's goals and plans are clearly communicated
- Ensure statutory and Saint-Gobain requirements are met and that "best practice" disciplines are encouraged
- Moving the site forward with responsibility for building an engaged, customer-centric, service oriented workforce with IM-WCM deployment and applied quality management systems
- Managing and defining responsibilities and reviewing performance of factory supervision
- Determining future requirements for resources, including staff, plant and machinery and completing annual capex
- Setting and monitoring progress towards operational targets to supply chain improvements, facilities, machinery and systems improvements, productivity and automation
- Ensuring that levels of 5S are achieved following Saint-Gobain standards
- Ensuring local financial control and reporting functions are adequate, meet statutory and Group requirements and work in support of the other functions to optimise performance
Are Saint-Gobain an Inclusive employer?
We're working hard to be, and we're keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role (this could be flexible hours, a job share, to name a couple). We can't guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, but we promise to listen