Are you an experienced HR Manager who is looking for the opportunity to setup a People function? Would you like to be part of an award-winning, family run organisation? If so, then this People Manager opportunity is for you.
My client is looking for a pro-active HR professional who has a strong operational and generalist background, and has a people first and 'can do attitude.
This is a great opportunity to join an award-winning organisation that is expanding and there is scope for development for the right candidate.
In your new role as People Manager, you'll have responsibility for 50 staff across a number of sites based across Northumberland and Newcastle and you will lead on all HR-related matters. This will range from operational HR issues such as managing conduct, absence, recruitment, policy and process as well as supporting with monthly payroll. The role of People Manager will also include:
- Recruitment and onboarding - leading on all recruitment across the business from front of house to head office.
- Training - identify employee training requirements and ensure these are implemented and monitored
- Staff reward and recognition - employee engagement surveys - wellbeing innitiatives
- Design and implement appraisal strategy
- Be the initial point of contact for any internal staff queries
- Learning engagement - create relationships with apprenticeship providers, local colleges, schools and universities to bring talent to the business
- Drive CSR and charitable agenda - as a business they are committed to giving back to the local communities, with an emphasis on helping young people enter into the workplace.
- Support managers with capability and performance issues, upskilling managers to deal with employee relations issues.
- Lead on internal communications program, working with management to embed change and process where required.
This is a superb opportunity for an experienced HR professional who is looking to make real impact on the success of the business and utilise their knowledge and experience to influence positive change.
CIPD qualification required with proven track record of HR idally within the hospitality industry but if you feel you have transferable skills then please do get in touch.
This is a part time position, over 3 days salary circa £40,000 FTE