We need an experienced Manager (interim) for this highly regarded fresh produce operation in South West London. Starting ASAP for a period of 5 months. You will be accountable for directing and coordinating the overall operation throughout warehouse, and distribution (picking and packing) which operates over a 24/7 period. As well as, providing successful leadership of labour management, productivity, budgets, quality control and safety measures as established and set for the Operations Department.
Responsible for maintaining a successful operational flow throughout the warehouse, and transport operation along with achieving the assembly and delivery of individual customer orders in accordance with agreed site operational schedule, through effective leadership and people management of your areas and working cross functionally, engaging with key stakeholders to drive operational performance and achieve the business objectives.
- Leading a team to deliver a high-quality service, with a strong focus on motivation, development, and teamwork
- Be accountable for operational department’s day to day performance for safety, quality, delivery, cost, innovation and engagement of team members
- To promote a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organisational outcomes are met, which drives the maximisation of colleague performance
- Be responsible for development and growth, including coaching and mentoring, of the warehouse, production and transport management team to ensure operational success planning
- Work collaboratively with other members of the management team on delivering strategic and organisation-wide objectives
- To ensure the efficient management of permanent and temporary labour to meet the fluctuating needs of production and minimise labour cost.
- Actively promote and manage a culture of continuous improvement across the site with regards to quality, efficiency, H&S and team management
- Take ownership of department KPI’s, ensuring targets are fully met through the management and monitoring of teams’ performance
- Manage and control team costs to ensure team utilisation is fully achieved (overtime, agency usage, headcount and absence)
- Effectively manage quality service level, ensuring customer orders are delivered on time, in full, to the quality standard expected
- Ensure food safety and hygiene standards are maintained to the highest standard in line with internal and external technical standards.
- Contribute to and support the cycle of strategic review and planning and the implementation of Strategic and Operational plans.
You’ll be an established Warehouse / Distribution Manager who has worked in an FMCG environment. Preferably within the food production/manufacturing environment
You’ll have strong leadership skills with the ability to engage and enthuse management teams with varying experience, ability to drive culture changes and embed new processes.