PD&MS Group have a great opportunity for a Onshore Production Technician to join our progressive production team based in Aberdeen on a long term basis. The position will be onshore based to act as interface between existing client asset team and project operations team. Duties include assisting with document review and feedback on behalf of the asset team, therefore extensive Morecambe area experience across central complex and NUIs is essential for this role. The project is currently in select phase and experience in the decommissioning sector is preferred.
The Onshore Production Technician will a ct as the Area Authority and/or PA within the SSOW for all ongoing works at site . Carry out routine operations, maintenance in adherence with company procedures. Provide operational support to all project related workscopes / activities. Provide the functional support to the Shift Engineer and deputise as required .
- Assist the Shift Engineer with daily implementation of the P ermit to W ork (PTW) systems for project work scopes
- Daily liaison with the Shift Engineer and O ffshore C onstruction S upervisors to ensure safe and seamless execution of work scopes
- Implement isolations as required in support of the project adhering to the client's isolation procedure
- Provide platform specific support to the Shift Engineer
- Act as authorised gas tester as required for project workscopes
- Be present for breaking containment activities following the draining, flushing and purging of plant and equipment
- Carry out routine maintenance for site essential services and life - saving equipment
- Intervene and resolve unsafe work activities
- Ensuring full compliance with the Safety Case and all mandatory Policies, Procedures and Regulations
- When required, deputise for the Shift Engineer
- Responsible for ensuring professional development is maintained and identified competency requirements are undertaken in a timely manner
- Adherence to the company integrated management system
- Compliance with quality assurance, health and safety and environmental policies
- Demonstrate and promote PD&MS QHSE principles and lead by example
- Ensure unsafe activities are challenged
- Adherence to the requirements of the best practice standards recommendations and processes in the undertaking of duties, in particular, risk assessment and control, reliability and failure prevention necessary to ensure the safe design, provision and use of tools, equipment and systems
- Demonstrate and promote PD&MS values and lead by example
- Ensure direct report performance reviews are carried out within the required timescales (where applicable)
This position would be well suited to an individual with existing experience within a similar role .
The successful candidate would ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- Time Served / Modern Apprenticeship approved by City & Guilds or NVQ/SVQ Level 3, and / or relevant and recognised technical qualification approved by an appropriate awarding body, or appropriate 10 years ' experience in discipline / trade
- Oil Spill Response Training Level 1
- OPITO Authorised Gas Tester
- Demonstrable experience relating to the safe operation and maintenance of site installations
- Competent in the use of MS office applications
- Exposure to people management
- Excellent written and spoken English
PD&MS delivers small, medium and large sized brownfield engineering and construction projects to both onshore and offshore facilities within the UKCS, and beyond.
In addition to our Oil & Gas delivery stream PD&MS are leading the way in the Low Carbon Energy Sector, as well as providing opportunities in Energy Transition and Cleantech sectors.
Our diverse portfolio presents opportunities to gain access and experience in these sectors.
We have an excellent track record for safely and successfully delivering a vast range of work; from simple repair order type scopes, fast-track production flowline delivery, to full management of integrated multi-discipline EPCC projects. We deliver across all phases of the project, from initial concept to installation, commissioning and close out.
PD&MS deliver Front End Concept & Feasibility Study Planning as well as detailed design, engineering, procurement and construction within the following specialist areas:
• Topsides Production Facilities
• Platform Drilling Facilities (Including Mobile Offshore Drilling Units (Modus)
• Onshore Facilities
These services are delivered through our core values, PD&MS Genes which represents what we do on a daily basis, the way we deliver and what our company stands for. Each Gene is underpinned by our safety message "without compromise to safety or quality", safety and quality do not stand alone as company values because they are integrated into everything we do.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.