Smile Leadership Ltd are currently seeking an office manager for a Croydon based Primary school. This will be a full-time, interim role to start immediately. You will need to live local to or be able to travel to the Croydon (CR0 2UR), South London area. If you are an experienced office manager or have a wealth of office experience at a senior level, we would like to hear from you. Smile Leadership Ltd is a sister company to Smile Education who are a leading education recruitment agency.
We are currently supporting a large trust in recruiting an experienced Office Manager for one of their primary schools. The school puts their students at the heart of everything they do and aim to develop them in to confident, happy, and independent individuals. We are looking for someone who will be able to follow suit with this approach. The ideal candidate will be able to organise and supervise administrative systems within the school as well as contribute to the planning, development, and monitoring of support services. Additional responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Take a lead role in the planning, development, design, organisation, and monitoring of support systems/procedures/policies
• Line management responsibilities where appropriate including, management of admin staff, liaising between managers, teaching staff and support staff
• Hold regular team meetings with managed staff and undertake recruitment/induction/appraisal/ training/mentoring for other staff
• Coordination and delegation of relevant activities
• Produce and respond to complex correspondence.
• To oversee the admission procedures both the annual admissions and the in year admissions.
• Maintain an exemplary professional environment at all times
• Ensure that all visitors for the Principal are welcomed and catered for in a professional manner, organising refreshments as appropriate
• Maintain robust processes and manage a varied workload using a structured, timely and prioritised methodology
• Work alongside the Principal to ensure the school has appropriate systems, processes, and controls in place to maintain and manage all aspects of pupil data
To be successful in your application, you should have experience in one or more of the following:
• NVQ Level 4 or equivalent qualification or experience in a relevant discipline
• Several years' experience working in an office environment at senior level
• Experience of using Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience of using Bromcom or other MIS
• Strong customer service skills
• The ability to maintain and develop administrative systems
Due to Covid-19 a flexible interview process is in place for this role. A video meeting with a school representative may be arranged for applicants as a first stage interview and a socially distanced tour of the setting can be arranged.
If you would like to be considered for representation in this office manager role, then please contact me directly on (phone number removed) to discuss your application.
Alternatively, if you would like to have a confidential discussion surrounding other school posts available, please feel free to get in touch