Job Title: Room Leader / Deputy Manager
Location: Bow, East London
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 per annum
Contract Type: Perm / Full time
An independent privately-owned Montessori nursery located in a quiet residential street in Bow, East London is seeking a Room Leader /Deputy Manager to join its expanding team.
They are registered for approximately thirty children aged from babies to five years old and offer a fantastic range of benefits including six weeks paid holiday, service recognition rewards, pension scheme, season ticket loans, pay and reward scheme, learning and development opportunities, employee assistance programme, free daily breakfast and refreshments and individual Christmas and birthday presents.
As a room-based Deputy Nursery Manager, your duties will include:
* To support the Manager in providing safe, high-quality Early Years education.
* To fulfil legal and statutory obligations.
* Assist the Manager in planning training strategies for staff.
* To lead and manage staff on a day-to-day basis.
* To maintain the Montessori philosophy and ethos in all aspects of running the nursery.
* To contribute and implement policies in line with the EYFS curriculum.
* To ensure that all statutory, legal and supervisory obligations are followed.
We are looking for a Room Leader who has the following skills and experiences:
· Previous experience in a similar role or an experienced Room Leader seeking promotion.
· Minimum NVQ level 3 in Early Years or equivalent.
· Excellent knowledge of Health and Safety legislation.
· Excellent knowledge of OFSTED standards.
· Excellent knowledge of the EYFS curriculum