Are you a Neuro Therapy Assistant looking for a new challenge, where you can be a part of meaningful change? Join Gardens and Jacobs Neurological Centre in Sawbridgeworth and feel valued and support as you support people build a brighter future.
Working 37.5 hours a week, you will provide a high standard of individualised patient care/therapy as part of the clinical team. You will support individuals and assist as necessary with activities of daily living including personal care/therapy, social, emotional, and recreational needs and aspirations.
You will strive for efficiency, whilst continuously improving the delivery of Therapy services in collaboration with managers.
As a Neuro Therapy Assistant, as part of the Physiotherapy team you will contribute to the assessment, monitoring, evaluation, and modification of structured activities in order to measure progression and ensure effectiveness.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To undertake therapy procedures as instructed by qualified therapist (physio/SLT/OT), respecting the resident's privacy, dignity and cultural beliefs.
- To report any change in resident conditions circumstances or response to treatment appropriately and immediately to the treating therapist
- To provide effective and accurate clinical entries and outcomes of activities using an electronic patient database system
- To have an in depth understanding of RWO and support OT to run it effectively
- To attend referrals and take leadership in ensuring any planned admission have been added to timetable and liaise with relevant professional to ensure all equipment is accessible and in place
- To develop and co-ordinate an equipment needs system and rota between the TA's for the home. This may include attending handover and ensuring any equipment matters are resolved quickly and effectively (outside of needs that require qualified input)
- To deliver Therapy in line with the timetable overseen by qualified professionals
- To provide technical support and instruction to patients engaging in creative and vocational activities as therapeutic interventions
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Previous experience of working with adults and or young people with neurological conditions
- Previous experience in organising/facilitating social events and activities.
- Any relevant certificates, courses and skills that would enhance the delivery and diversity of therapeutic activities
- Strong knowledge of best practices within a similar setting
What you will get:
- Annual salary of £20,378 + Benefits
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave - plus your birthday off!
- Subsidised meals
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable