Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Our client, a medium sized manufacturing business based near Castleford, are currently looking to recruit a well versed multi skilled maintenance engineer.
Responsible for effectively and efficiently responding to and dealing with site maintenance issues in terms of machine breakdowns and in line with the site's Preventative Maintenance schedule.
* Respond to servicing, repairing and maintaining the machinery across the site in line with the Preventative Maintenance programme.
* Use Engineering maintenance database (Shire System) for all recording and scheduling of engineering works
* Attend to breakdowns across the site as and when required, in a timely manner.
* Be available, as and when required, on call to attend to urgent breakdowns.
* Assist in installations of new machinery or relocation of existing machines across the site.
* Undertake any other activity appropriate to your role as a Shift Maintenance Engineer.
* Ensure an efficient handover to the following shift to ensure smooth continuous production of jobs.
* Ensuring that the area, equipment and machinery are kept clean and tidy and in accordance with the relevant procedures during shift.
* Report machine breakdowns to the Shift Manager / Co-ordinator as soon as possible after they occur whilst striving to ensure minimum disruption to the team.
* Assist in the general preventative maintenance of the machine.
This is a permanent position where you will be expected to work a rotating shift pattern:
Week 1 - Weds, Thurs and Fri ( 12 hour DAYS )
Week 2 - Mon, Tues and Wed ( 12 hour NIGHTS )
Week 3 - Mon, Tues DAYS, Weds OFF, Thur and Fri NIGHTS
In return you can expect a highly competitive salary.
Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate a strong track record of working within a fast paced manufacturing environment.
You will be apprentice trained and hold a minimum 17th Edition Electrical Regs Cert.
Mechanically biased engineers will be considered, but they need to have a solid electrical appreciation.
This vacancy is being advertised by AMF Recruitment Ltd, a specialist recruitment business supporting the manufacturing industry