Team Risk and Credit
Location Holborn Office
County Central London
Ref # 16647
Closing Date 26-Jun-2022
Have you got an analytical mind set with exceptional attention to detail? Do you enjoy the creative side of programming and risk analytics? Would you like to join one of the fastest growing banks in UK? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Modelling Analyst, you will assist with the credit risk model development and will be part of our amazing Modelling team. The team is responsible for the development of our credit risk models for capital calculations, international financial reporting standards and risk based pricing models across the Bank.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working.
So what would you be doing?...
• Supporting the Modelling team in developing new models for credit risk quantification
• Participating in the creation and maintenance of risk assessment frameworks
• Keeping up to date with the latest modelling techniques and regulatory guidelines
• Supporting the model monitoring process and model reviews
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something - we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Naturally, you will have previous experience working as an Analyst, ideally using SAS or similar statistical software
• You will have the ability to analyse data to assess risk and develop models
• We need you to have a strong statistical background and modelling techniques, including possibly machine learning, to analyse data
• Have understanding of financial products and credit risk management
• In order to be fantastic in this role, you will already have basic knowledge of credit risk regulatory frameworks, especially: Basel Accord (for IRB modelling) and IFRS9 standards (for impairment)
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that 'normal' office hours aren't always doable, and while we can't accommodate every flexible working request, we are happy to be asked. So, if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren't sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl?
Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates…