Job Title: Mobile Building Fabric Technician
Location: Covering South West London- Ideal candidates located in Wimbledon/ Clapham
Benefits: Company vehicle, Company pension scheme, BUPA (single cover), 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
Hours: 45 hours per week - Monday to Friday (start times around 6 am; finish times around 3 pm. Some flexibility will be required due to potential working outside of normal working hours)
We are advertising this Building Fabric Technician role on behalf of our client 'City Facilities Management'. City were established in 1985 and the company has grown to become one of the world's largest privately held, integrated FM companies.
City has a unique business model and for over 30 years has provided leading maintenance, engineering, technical procurement & support in dedicated partnerships with National Blue Chip companies. City also has a global presence with offices in the UK, Europe, North America, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia.
The culture and values of City are shaped by being a family business with people at the heart of what they do. The business has ambitious growth plans and is keen to attract people who are passionate about delivering great standards and service to customers. In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, industry leading Induction and training through our City & Guilds training academy and the opportunity to develop and progress is only limited by your own ambition.
This role is a multi-site role offering building fabric maintenance services across a range of disciplines aimed at keeping services and costs in-house. Their work includes a mixture of PPM and reactive building fabric works internally and externally to include:
* Roof - repair roof leaks and quarterly gutter and gully clearance
* Brickwork - repairs to walls
* Floor - repair vinyl and ceramic tiles
* Car Park / yard works
* Fabric - doors, protection works, office workstations, signage, carpentry, plastering and general shopfittings
* Roller shutters - annual PPM and reactive repairs
Painting and decorating
* Carry out minor painting repairs
Plumbing and drainage
* Unblock drains, urinals, toilets, and sinks.
* Repair leaking taps and washers.
* Wall, floor, and associated fittings repairs.
* Ironmongery and hardware repairs and replacement.
* Compliance and Statutory Inspections
* Fabric Maintenance
* Pre-planned Maintenance
* Reactive repairs and maintenance
* Handyman Service
* Projects - subject to competitive tender
Main PPM Responsibilities:
To maintain and repair the general building fabric in stores as defined in an efficient and cost-effective manner, whilst complying with the Health and Safety policies.
* Ability to maintain / repair a range of building fabrics and ground works, to recognised standards whilst working with minimum supervision.
* To liaise with project teams on store alterations, modernisations, and other relevant works.
* To carry out minor alterations and installations within the individual's technical competence in accordance with current specifications agreed with the retailer
* Carry out annual PPM service on all roller shutters installed within each store.
* To identify non-repairable issues and promptly advise the AMM of findings, with recommendations regarding suitable alternatives.
* Support the wider technical team as and when required
Qualifications or Required Experience:
* Carpentry / building / general qualifications in building services
* Hold a recognised health and safety qualification, or be prepared to be trained.
* Good knowledge and experience of MEP services and recognised fabric repair techniques
* A basic understanding of the L8 ACOP, or be prepared to be trained for.
* Must have driving licence
If you feel these qualities describe you, then we would like to hear from you.
Please apply by submitting your CV in the strictest confidence to Andrew Bridges at PDA SEARCH & SELECTION LIMITED