Flexible UK Location
As a Barclays Media Manager, you'll deliver the media strategy across Barclays and Barclaycard, managing the delivery of media campaigns and working with media owners to develop world class media strategy and innovation. You'll help define and deliver against a robust roadmap to ensure we're at the forefront of media developments. You'll also be a highly visible resource for the business around media, tech and data strategy - collaborating across the business to implement the best solutions.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is location flexible. We will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays' key UK office from that advertised. We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Taking the lead on campaigns, delivering our communications planning process with other key business strategic planning procedures
• Defining the role of key channels in the overall communications mix for campaigns e.g. ATL, mobile, paid digital to deliver maximum performance of our communications
• Actively identifying and understanding the potential of new and emerging channels and their ability to impact our go to market strategies
• Supporting the creation of an annual integrated communication plans by planning the optimal channel strategy to support business objectives
• Working with Performance marketing team as a resource to help develop communication connections between activity and evolve channel level thinking where needed
• Being a key member of a respected centre of excellence for media channel performance
• Leveraging insight provided by insights and analytics that will improve channel and supplier performance
• Managing, optimising and evaluating campaigns to ensure continuous learning and delivery for expenditure
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What we're looking for:
• Subject matter expertise in paid for media
• Good strategic marketing skills, ability to understand and apply consumer insight
• Brand and communications planning experience, including evidence of delivering effective messaging, media and contact strategies
• Experience in planning and managing budgets, ensuring our resources are deployed in the optimum areas for maximum ROI
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
• Ability to use Microsoft Office suite to deliver clear & concise outputs
• Solid communication and presentation skills with the ability to make a positive impact internally and externally through confident, impactful & high quality communications and presentations
• Is resilient to challenge and looks for feedback and insight from everything around them
Where will you be working?
We will confirm your place of work at the point of offer, ensuring that this is considered in line with our future ways of working and overall location strategy