White Label are excited to be working with one of our key clients based close to Wigan who have asked us to search for a Senior/Mechanical Design Engineer to come in and join their expanding business and be integral to the growth of their Engineering Department.
The company specialise in the design of specialist LEV (local exhaust ventilation) equipment and supply into a range of industries.
The company is seeking an individual who is passionate about Design and is seeking a hands-on role.
Could this be of interest to you?
Purpose of role:
* Research, design and develop new and existing products for dust/fume extraction equipment
using 3D and 2D systems. Documentation and distribution of information through the business relating to these products/projects.
Design Engineer Responsibilities:
* Adhere to our core values of Pride, Ownership, Ethics, Focus, & Initiative
* Able to give effective presentations to Leadership level staff.
* Be an effective team member/leader, working with supervisor and colleagues to ensure smooth workflow with maximum output
* Knowledgeable in some technical areas of the group's scope, or having demonstrated ability to achieve a high level of proficiency in a short period of time
* Leading the development of whole products in their area of expertise as well as mechanisms and sub-assemblies.
* Write reports and present progress at project/design review meetings
* Lead and support Mechanical Engineers, CAD technicians and Trainee/Graduate engineers in their areas of expertise with a view of preparing the team for his or her succession.
The Mechanical Design Engineer is required to have the following experience:
· Degree or Equivalent experience in area of expertise.
· Extensive 3D Mechanical Design experience. (Ideally Autodesk Inventor and Vault)
· Modelling and simulation of mechanical systems.
· Designing machined, fabricated, and cast metal components and assemblies.
· Designing injection moulded components and assemblies.
· Electro-Mechanical Design Experience.
* The design of dust/fume/air handling equipment
Skills and competencies:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· IT Literate - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Corel Draw, etc.
· Good organisational skills
· Ability to manage own time effectively.
· Customer Focus
· Drive and Determination
· Managing Change
· Able to show initiative and adapt quickly to new requirements.
· Hands on approach.
· Strong practical skills.
· Able to manage or work individually and as part of a goal orientated project team.
· Well organised and methodical.
· Well presented with a positive, proactive, and professional approach.
· Results Driven,
The company is offering a salary of £36 - 42k with the opportunity for growth and development. The culture is positive, with a team working towards an ambitious growth plan.
If this is something you'd be intereted in please apply or contact Eve Dunn at White Label Recruitment