SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
At SGS, we have an open corporate and international culture, we offer a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.
Job Title: Measurement Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 per week
Job Location: Aberdeen
Remuneration: As Measurement Engineer, you'll receive a competitive package, plus you'll benefit from private health cover, a contributory pension scheme and life cover.
As Measurement Engineer, you'll be responsible for ensuring that the metering facilities are maintained and operated to the standards required to satisfy legislative and operational requirements of the following bodies: Norpipe Pipeline System, SEGAL Pipeline System, Teeside Pipeline System, NPD and OGA. In addition to this, you will create a relationship between client and SGS United Kingdom Ltd with the aim of significantly reducing the 'Total Cost of Ownership' of the Fiscal, Allocation and Environmental metering facilities whilst maintaining excellence in quality and safety performance.
* Liaison with client representatives and offshore maintenance departments for all metering technical support matters, to include provision of and facilitation of ad hoc assistance to offshore.
* Provision of advice on technical content of PMR's in use and also as to the frequency for implementation.
* Review and update of all existing platform metering manuals and procedures.
* Produce and maintain mis-measurement register/progress tracker.
* Creation of mis-measurement reports.
* Mobilisation of offshore metering personnel in conjunction with site and onshore planner. Liaise with asset planners for movements, MOB forms, planned activities etc.
To be successful in this role, you'll need an in-depth knowledge of metering systems and equipment. In addition to this, to be successful in the role of Measurement Engineer, you will need to be competent in use of typical industry metering software, such as FM2P, PI Process Book and Microsoft Office.
In addition to the above you'll also need to demonstrate the following;
Minimum of five years' experience in oil and gas metering and allocation.
Recognised technical formal qualification ONC/HNC/Degree
Current Offshore Survival Certificate.
Current Offshore Medical Certificate.
The following attributes would be desirable, but not essential;
* Two years of experience within an oil company.
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days