Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) is the world's leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services.
At present we are looking for Materials Planner to work on our client's Wimborne site, there is a working from option with this role, but you will be required to attend site around 50% of the time.
The Materials Planner position is based on an initial 6 month contract.
The Materials Planners work with procurement and manufacturing operations, executing planning activities in line with defined lean inventory, production and procurement strategies for materials, managing capacity planning and scheduling for production and / or purchased materials.
* Planning and scheduling of material in accordance with business needs
* Develops production schedule for internal manufacturing operations
* Optimises capacity, with minimal inventory and to ensure delivery to our customers on time.
* Ability to read and understand drawings, and what is subsequently required to make the parts they being planned.
* Provides direction to purchasing on quantity & timing requirements of materials
* Plans and manage raw material inventory.
* Work with Engineering to identify alternative parts to support production requirements and drive cost & inventory reductions
* Monitoring shrinkage, yield, BOM accuracy, scrap factors to support cross functional continuous improvement projects.
* Experience as a Materials Planner or Production Planner within an engineering environment; ideally aerospace or defence
* Experience with MRP/ERP systems; ideally Avante
* Strong Excel skills
This client will only accept workers operating via an or engagement model.
If you are interested in applying for this Materials Planner's position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Busines