Managing Quantity Surveyor - South Wales
Managing Quantity Surveyor - About you?
* Your previous experience could be in roles such as managing quantity surveyor, senior quantity surveyor, senior QS, senior commercial manager.
* You will need quantity surveying experience in a housebuilder or main contractor environment, have a suitable qualification in quantity surveying or commercial management, and have a strong knowledge of new build residential development and / or main contracting building techniques.
* You will be IT literate, with an understanding of software such as COINS, and be comfortable using Microsoft packages, especially Excel. You will have a good eye for detail, be able to understand the overall view of new homes, have excellent communication and influencing skills, and be able to translate complex information into practical understanding.
* Be qualified to degree level in quantity surveying or commercial management, preferable
* Have excellent line-management skills, using a coaching approach to support your team
* Undertake accurate viability/feasibility assessments
* Manage great performance of project level P&L
* Procure a suitable supply chain with the ability to provide works and services to the right quality, on time and to a specified budget
* Work with the commercial team to ensure all subcontractors adhere to the terms of the agreement
* Review and takes ownership of contract documents, specifications, and drawings
* Adopt a culture of continuous improvement, proactively looking for better ways of working, seeking feedback from stakeholders to recommend changes to the way we do things
* Take accountability and learn from mistakes
* Strive to deliver excellent customer service and will be a great ambassador for us
Managing Quantity Surveyor - About the role?
* You will collaborate with all members of the new homes commercial team, internal and external project team members and new homes colleagues across all disciplines
* You will be in a current senior commercial position with expertise in managing & delivering project commercial performance for residential housing programmes or main contracting organisations
* In your role as managing quantity surveyor, you will manage the commercial functions for various developments, delivering profitability through cost planning and control, including robust supply chain procurement
* You will manage, develop, and mentor a team of direct commercial reports each leading on specific project(s) and be responsible for the recruitment, development, and succession planning of the commercial team as this grows to feed our ambitious growth
* Reporting to the head of commercial, you will manage and report on the commercial performance of our projects and help to inform budget setting for future schemes by driving best value from our supply chain partners, whilst ensuring robust governance is implemented around project risks
* Your honesty, confidence and attention to detail will be vital when monitoring the quality of work, the progress of projects and ensuring that everything we do always complies with our formal obligations
* To be successful, you will procure and manage our supply chain partners to provide works and services, to high quality, on time and within budget. Building relationships is very important to us. You will need to be passionate about providing great customer service, able to work flexibly and be driven by the same desire to do the right thing for both internal and external customers. You will review and take ownership of contract documents to ensure we are compliant in everything we do
Managing Quantity Surveyor - Benefits package?
* Competitive base salary
* Competitive bonus structure
* 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
* Flexible benefits
* Private healthcare
* Hybrid working on offer