SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
At SGS, we have an open corporate and international culture, we offer a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.
* Job Title: Auditor
* Job Type: Permanent (Temporary / Fixed Term / Casual Contract will also be considered)
* Hours: Flexible part / full time considered
* Job Location: Field based - South East England
* Company car provided
* Travel required: Yes - 75 % of the time
* Remuneration: As an Auditor, you'll receive a competitive salary in line with industry experience and qualifications. In addition, you'll benefit from a 10% annual performance bonus, private health cover, a contributory pension scheme and life cover.
As an SGS Auditor you'll be supporting organisations by using your industry expertise to assess whether their procedures and processes meet the relevant management systems standard and applicable legal requirements, delivering business assurance and consumer confidence.
You'll plan and conduct audits in line with SGS procedures, guide clients through the certification process, and will provide specific technical support to expand SGS' capability to offer value added services to customers.
Your role will be field based, and you'll be working on-site with different clients each day, getting to know their business, and assessing their products, processes, systems or services, ensuring compliance with national and international regulations and standards.
This is a regional role primarily covering the Home Counties and the South East of England. Travel time is taken into consideration to ensure a positive work/life balance when planning audits, and all audits will be scheduled within a reasonable commute from your location. The role will involve a combination of office, client site and home working, and the successful candidate must therefore hold a full clean driving license.
The competence of a Certification Assessor / Auditor is vital for the delivery of an effective audit, and in providing clients with the confidence that the management system being certified meets the highest standards.
The successful candidate for this role must therefore;
* have held positions with significant Quality Management System (QMS) responsibility.
* demonstrate strong working knowledge and experience of the ISO 9001 management system standard, compliance and auditing techniques.
* have a varied breadth of industry sector experience, ideally across the manufacturing / construction / waste management industries.
* be qualified to ISO 9001 Lead Auditor status, and qualified to the latest version of the standard.
* have experience in Construction Products Regulation (CPR) and National Highway Sector Schemes (NHSS)
Auditing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Energy Management (ISO 50001) or Asset Management (ISO 55001), would be desirable but not essential.
To find out more about our Global products and services, please click here.
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days