Provide direct support to the Public Protection Manager/s in delivering improvement programmes, project management and supporting professional working groups.
To coordinate the response to Freedom of Information requests on behalf of the Public Protection Managers ensuring accurate and timely responses as required by the relevant legislation.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist the Public Protection Manager/s in the prioritisation of their work e.g. filtering of e-mails, task supervision for the team managers and Principal Officers, arranging and administering meetings.
1. Assist the Public Protection Managers in meeting the requirements of Freedom of Information legislation, specifically the coordination of partners and the various communications to ensure smooth collation of data.
1. To provide a range of specialist administrative and secretarial support to meet the specific requirements and processes of the service e.g. cross border safety advisory group, joint service governance.
1. To handle a range of communications from both internal and external customers and contacts, including applications for service and complaints e.g. ensure the smooth running of both offices in the handling of complaints and service requests - both directly and through our contact centre colleagues.
1. To maintain and update files and records, including those of a highly confidential nature such as personal details and business information using existing systems and processes and ensuring accuracy and security of information e.g. to be in control of the information handled by officers in their regulatory duties.
1. To collect, process and input data to systems and databases as required, ensuring accuracy and security, and then to manipulate and extract the information held in order to produce reports or specific analysis.
1. To promote equality as an integral part of the role and to treat everyone with fairness and dignity.
1. To recognise health and safety is a responsibility of every employee, to take reasonable care of self and others and to comply with the WBC Health and Safety policy and any service-specific procedures / rules that apply to this role.
Qualifications and Experience
A Level English and Maths, or equivalent.
Experience of working in a fast-moving customer focused environment.
Experience of leading on business continuity and/or emergency planning incidents
Experience of administering an accredited quality management system.
Experience of dealing with transactional finance systems e.g. Agresso or similar
Management qualification ILM Level 3 or equivalent
Knowledge of the legal frameworks governing access to information held by local authorities e.g. the Freedom of Information Act.
Knowledge of PRINCE 2 project management
Above average verbal communication skills.
Ability to adapt style to wide variety of people.
Ability to organise and prepare complex workloads.
Understanding of Local Authority processes