Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
* To respond effectively to all reactive tasks and engineering requests from Facilities Management and Resort Team.
* Perform routine maintenance where appropriate, recording all findings and subsequent remedial works.
* Record and report any health and safety risks observed to the wider Facilities Team.
* Meter readings (cooling, heating, water, gas & electricity) for Landlord's utilities.
* Immediate response to certain issues. i.e. Initial leak investigation, leak clean-up, etc.
* Assist with general repairs to building fabric using 'handy-man' skills covering painting, decorations, clearing gulley's and drains etc. Ensuring they are kept free from debris, replacing door handles, latches, door closers etc.
* Maintain FF&Es within the Landlord's demised areas and carry out basic caretaking activities.
* Support the Facilities Team in the management of the resort (inspections, coordinating with external service partners, providing access)
* Clean light fittings and to test lighting systems. Replacing where necessary minor parts such as tubes, bulbs, fuses and starters and diffusers, in accordance with safe working practices.
* Provide support to other engineering operatives within the team to ensure effective service delivery.
* Perform duties in accordance with Departmental Health & Safety Policies & Procedures.
* Carry out routine compliance tests, checks and record keeping for all building systems, in accordance with safe working practices. i.e. monthly checks of communal fire doors, weekly tests of AOVs & fire alarms.
* Carry out checks of Landlord areas & common parts. Record any defects and to maintain plant rooms in a clean, tidy and safe condition. Communicate all abnormal critical plant conditions as appropriate.
* Keep Facilities Manager and Facilities Coordinator updated on issues and progress.
* Carry out any other duties that may from time to time be required and may include support to other departments.
* Stock control of critical spares on site.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Good communication skills, both verbal & written.
* Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
* Able to use initiative or as part of team.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Understanding of good customer care.
* Experience with working in a residential environment (Preferrable but not essential)
* Experience in undertaking maintenance activities within a complex multi-building environment.
* City & Guilds/NVQs in a building trade or equivalent (Preferrable but not essential)