Mechanical & Electrical Quantity Surveyor
A well-established, design & build engineering contractor are looking for an experienced Mechanical & Electrical Quantity Surveyor to join their operation delivery team delivering mixed use and residential projects.
The Mechanical & Electrical Quantity Surveyor Role
In your role as Mechanical and Electrical Quantity Surveyor you will be working as part of the project team to commercial manage all successful tenders from Estimating Handover stage to final account. Management of Accounts and all sub-contractor Accounts. Compiling and submitting all change orders, holding monthly commercial meetings with Client and ensuring a successful commercial conclusion to each project.
The company you will be working for is a large M&E contractor based in North Central London. They deliver from the design stage on a range of projects allowing them to hand over projects in budget and on schedule.
Split into 4 departments - design, mechanical, electrical and renewables, they can bring in work from various sources and deliver across the board.
Experience and Qualifications
Suitable qualifications and a proven track record in contract management.
Necessary requirements are:
* 3rd level Qualifications in Mechanical Engineering/ electrical engineering / Building Services Engineering or Quantity Surveying
* Minimum 4-6 years of Quantity surveying / Mechanical Engineering experience essential.
* Proficient in excel.
* Detailed knowledge of commercial management and Quantity Surveyor role within construction
* Knowledge of contract conditions and their applications
* Overall understanding of the business, client and Sub Contractor relations, and M&E installation
* A positive "can do" approach determined to succeed generates a sense of energy and urgency
* Builds and maintains excellent working relationships
* Acceptance of responsibility and accountability
* Remains calm under pressure
* An exemplar for the company values
* Sound, balanced judgment
* Demanding of self and others
* Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses and committed to personal improvement
The successful applicants will enjoy a salary of £55,000- £70,000 complete with negotiable package
Shortlisting is underway for this role, so please apply quickly to avoid disappointment