Role: Lead Scientist
Reporting to: Director of Product Development IVD
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 (dependant on experience)
Benefits include: Starting holiday allowance (25 days plus bank holidays), Share the value bonus, private pension scheme, option to buy/sell holidays, private health & life insurance.
My client are a leading and dynamic medical diagnostics organisation. As part of their continued growth strategy, they are looking to appoint a Principal Scientist.
This is fantastic and rare opportunity to be part of the Product Development team, responsible for the; design, performance, budget management, quality standards, evaluations of new development projects and assisting with the overall product development strategy.
* Work closely with the Director of Product Development IVD to manage and implement various new product developments projects.
* Provide technical/scientific direction to all departments as well as evaluating new technologies, and making appropriate recommendations to senior management.
* Overall project management and budget management of new product development.
* Produce project plans and oversee work streams to ensure projects are developed within cost/time/quality.
* Build strong external partnerships, including; external businesses, universities, other research establishments, suppliers and government authorities.
* Develop research strategies to achieve overall strategic goals and key milestones.
* Coaching and mentoring of Scientists and other support staff with the department to effectively facilitate new product development.
* Responsible for the design of complex experiments in accordance with the company's quality systems and regulatory standards.
* Present data at internal and external meetings.
* PHD or MSc in life sciences, preferably Immunology.
* It would be desirable to have working knowledge of ELISA, ELISPOT, Flow Cytometry, cell assays and statistical methods.
* Ability to conduct high level research and knowledge of programmatic aspect of research.
* Experience with cell culture techniques.
* Supervisory or management experience would be advantageous.
* Understanding of the pharmaceutical or diagnostics industries.
* Ability to spread research publication across key industry reports.
* Willing to travel as some travel may be required in this role.
This is an excellent opportunity to work alongside leading Scientists, Senior Management, Researchers and other pioneers within the Diagnostic industry. To apply for this fantastic opportunity please send across an up to date CV or call Jerry Hayman