We've got a fantastic opportunity in the beautiful Kentish countryside for a Lead Engineer with a very successful and progressive company. Ideally, have a degree in Mechanical Engineering, be motivated and able to work under pressure. You must be confident in your abilities and be able to manage your own workload and those of other.
As an Engineer you will be responsible for learning and developing your skills in the below tasks:
- Manage other engineers both in and out of house.
- Create CAD models & technical drawings for new and existing products.
- Create/update Technical Data sheets for new and existing products.
- Keeping drawings up to date.
- Setting up and conducting tests.
- Complete quality inspections.
- Dealing with and recording of Non-conformances.
- Perform daily housekeeping and cleaning duties of equipment.
- Finding ways to improve processes and products.
- Innovate and develop new products.
- Dealing with both suppliers and customers
- CAD (Solidworks/Inventor).
- Understanding of mechanical principles.
- Creation of technical support documents and calculations
- Creation of production drawings.
- Report writing.
- Project management.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A proactive approach.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Reading and understanding of relevant standards.
- Understanding of test procedures.
- Practical ability and knowledge of:
- Hand tools.
- Power tools.
- Welding equipment.
- Bending equipment. The role of Mechanical Engineer is hands-on at times so experience of welding, hand tools and machine tools would be advantageous as would experience of electrics, electronics, and computer software in general.