We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a demonstratable record of commercial experience. You will have the ability to question and improve established processes. Excellent organisation and attention to detail is essential in our dynamic technical environment.
The candidate should be a highly effective communicator as the team collaborate with all departments, sharing ideas to streamline and revolutionise processes.
You will be encouraged to manage your own work priorities alongside the assistance of 6 other developers who support each other to achieve a common goal. The team take great pride in their work whilst working in a fun and professional environment. Due to our continued expansion and plans in place for the future there are various ways to develop throughout the department which can be suited to your skillset.
Our onsite trainer and manager will educate you in the company and industry processes as we strongly believe that giving you an in-depth knowledge and understanding of what our users need will assist you in developing our systems.
· Maintain and improve existing PHP applications
· Write efficient, lean, scalable and functional code
· Build user-friendly interfaces that are easy to navigate
· Visualise and design suitable database schemas
· Lead project planning
· Resolve bugs, errors and performance issues on existing systems
· Keep up to date with web technologies and design trends
Applicants will need a strong, proven ability with our current technology stack,
all running on a virtualised cluster:
· PHP (OOP & Procedural)
· HTML/CSS (utilising Bootstrap)
· Understanding of GIT version control
Knowledge of performance boosting techniques such as minification, caching, compressions and SQL query optimisation
Desirable but not essential
· Dev Ops / Linux server management
· Career progression
· Remote role with flexibilty to attend the office as required (project planning)
· Out of town location, easily accessible from A1, M18 and A638.
· 40hrs hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8am-4pm or 9am-5pm