FG Barnes is a family-owned company established since 1899 and have locations in Guildford, Maidstone, Canterbury & Shoreham representing Vauxhall, Nissan, Fiat, Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Jeep, MG, SEAT, CUPRA and DAF Brands. As part of our continued growth plans, we are looking to expand our team further by recruiting a LCV Technician to join our team at our Guildford site.
Here at Barnes, we all strive to be the absolute best and offer our customers the highest level of service.
The ideal candidates will have previous experience within a franchised dealership or a fleet workshop background. You will be part of an ambitious team and work within a busy service department to facilitate the smooth and efficient running of the department to ensure it meets its targets. You must be able to work effectively as part of a team, be pro-active in your approach and have excellent communication skills.
It is a requirement for this role that you have at least 5 years of experience as a LCV Technician. As part of your role, you will need to ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency, quality of work and production finish to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided, and attention to detail is essential.
* To diagnose faults and repair any LCV product.
* To service vehicles according to the manufacturers schedule.
* To diagnose and repair faults using all available workshop information systems.
* To fit accessories to vehicles.
* To carry out final inspections and function tests on all work that requires it as dictated by manufacturers specifications.
* To identify warranty items and ensure that parts are labelled correctly and placed in the designated area.
* To obtain parts from the parts department ensuring paperwork is completed accurately.
* Support the development of any trainees and apprentices.
* Ensure that the workshop facilities, equipment and tools are kept clean, tidy and maintained