Laboratory Manager wanted in Berkshire…
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work for an outstanding, venerable, independent food manufacturer.
- Ensure all HACCP procedures are adhered to and documentation is filled in correctly.
- Ensure that all production documentation is correct for use before any filling of product takes place.
- Carry out product testing for all areas of production and work to a method of positive release.
- Implement bulk tanker checks for incoming / outgoing products.
- Implement daily checks on stored products in tanks.
- Routine calibration of lab test equipment
- Manage a team of two Production Technicians
- Manage the activities of all laboratory Technicians
- Ensure Calibration of lab test equipment
- Use of Hydrochloric and Sulphuric acid
- Use of Sodium Carbonate and Sodium Hydroxide Controlling the inversion and neutralisation of syrups in vat production.
- Carry out production related testing - Brix, pH, colour and polarisation.
- Implementation of a positive release production system for all products including blended and sieved sugars Completion of production related documentation.
- Experience of HACCP, BRC & ISO production standards.
- 5 years related work experience. Knowledge of Health & Safety systems
- Proven record of accomplishment of work within a laboratory environment.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar post.
- Food production background
- HPLC analysis knowledge