This leading supplier of rotating equipment (motors, pumps, geared units) are seeking an Internal Sales Engineer/Co-ordinator to work in the Sales Department and to ensure that the company achieves its sales target
You will work alongside one other Internal Sales Engineer, and report into the Operations Director. The overall purpose of your role is to be accountable for customers that want to place orders for new or existing products, or if they need a replacement product. Your duties will involve:
* Assist in the quoting and selling of motors and other rotating/control equipment, namely electric motors, pumps, gearboxes and geared motors, inverters and fans as part of the motor sales departments
* Complete the daily paperwork as required in the department, including but not limited to job paperwork, the daily spreadsheet and quotations.
* Manage motor stock and be responsible for the motor stock check at the end of each 4-week period or other times as required.
* Chasing feedback off customers
* Follow up with quotes and chase orders
* Manage, and carry out if necessary, the feedback following job quotations for the sales department, including calling customers for quote progress.
* Assist in fulfilling orders for the sales new business website. If possible initiate ideas in order to improve sales.
* Liaise with suppliers to get the best possible terms on motors and other items sold. Find new suppliers in order to improve terms.
* Make suggestions for the introduction of new products and set up alliances with new manufacturers.
* Provide support to the sales and other departments when necessary.
* Negotiating prices as well as looking at existing pricing structures
To apply you must have: -
* Previous internal sales experience in the engineering sector, in particular electric motors, fans, gearboxes and other rotating equipment
* Ideally used Sage
* Good knowledge of Word and Excel
* An engineering qualification is preferred (from ONC up to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline)
* Dynamic, motivated and always seeking to bring in more sales