Due to expansion our client is looking for an experienced Building Services Inspector, with a strong focus on mechanical systems, heating systems, ventilation, and associated plant. Electrical knowledge beneficial to the role.
The role will provide you with an opportunity to become an integral part of their successful Building Services and Sustainability Team. You will be responsible for managing site inspections and surveys, production of quality output reports and documents. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of inspections including client/site liaison, output documents/deliverables and feedback to internal design team.
The culture in our team is to be a trusted client advisor, selected for our professional quality service, enthusiasm and expertise in the built environment.
- You are expected to be conscientious, enthusiastic, organised and professional.
- You must provide a constant positive influence on the team, encourage others and lead by example.
- You are expected to be proactive with developing your own and others knowledge, while driving standards and quality throughout the team.
- Manage and undertake project surveys including; site inspections, stock condition, refurbishment.
- Attend a wide range of projects including residential, mixed-use, commercial, industrial and educational.
- Attend meetings with, internal groups, clients and contractors.
- Prepare high quality information including technical reports, schedules, survey reports, and contract documentation
- Review and commend on building services design drawings and specifications.
- Maintain regular contact with all clients and internal project team.
- Report resource and project financial information to group partners.
- On a daily basis provide support to the team and deal with client related issues and provide professional services as required.
- Assist in the performance and development reviews of junior colleagues.
- Proven experience in a similar inspection or design role.
- Detailed knowledge of building services systems.
- Detailed knowledge of Key Building Regulations and CIBSE Guides.
- Maintain high quality project records and information and high standards of professionalism at all times.
- Manage projects effectively and to the satisfaction of the client and group Partners.
- Ensure that the group partners are aware of project progress in relation to project finance.
- On a monthly basis, ensure that project progress reports are completed.