Badenoch and Clark are assisting an NHS Trust based in the West Midlands in their search for an experienced medical claims/clinical negligence Lawyer.
- The post holder will be required to manage and coordinate a portfolio of Trust
investigations of HM Coroner referrals, and clinical negligence and employer liability
- Supporting the Senior Legal Officer/Head of Legal in ensuring that claims are dealt
with efficiently and appropriate and where possible, patient safety learning lessons are
learnt for the benefit of future patients and staff
- The post holder is responsible for ensuring the Trust is compliant Civil Procedure Rules
(CPR) and HM Coroner Rules & Regulations.
- The post holder will liaise with NHSR, HM Coroner and their officers, police and external
solicitors instructed to represent the Trust and/or panel solicitors.
- The post holder will provide advice and guidance on Trust policies relevant to claims
management, Coronial law and, where appropriate, on healthcare related legal matters or
escalate as appropriate, under the direction of the Senior Legal Officer and/or Head of
The successful candidate;
- An experienced Lawyer holding a current qualification (CILEX, Barrister, Solicitor)
- Experience in clinical negligence/medical claims work
- Available on short-notice
- Confident working independently and as part of a team
Please apply ASAP to be considered.
Badenoch + Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch + Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch + Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://(url removed)/en-gb/candidate-privacy