This is a fantastic opportunity to join a Royal Medical College experiencing growth in users and new requirements in a purpose-built new facility. The College requires a hands-on technical IT Manager to ensure high-quality maintenance of their existing systems, as well as providing strategy and direction for the future of the function. You will be responsible for existing and future projects such as the implementation of a new CRM system and the delivery of plans to ensure long-term support for infrastructure and user services.
The core elements of the role are as follows:
- Strategic - Create - 5%,including setting strategic plans for the use of ICT at RCPath with input from all relevant business users.
- Strategic - Develop - 5%, including establish systems and solutions in conjunction with users and outside suppliers, and appropriate to an agreed set of standards.
- Operational - Implement - 15%- including oversight of implementation of new systems, in conjunction with user expectations and resources.
- Operational - Manage - 75%- including planning and provision of systems security, availability, network management and business continuity, as well as Staff Management.
- In addition to overall responsibility for the function of ICT, the post holder will be the lead person for ICT matters or input into business plans and processes: Security, operational planning, budget setting, network architecture, policies, active directory management, user management, visitor/tenant access and interfaces with external systems and networks.
- Overall, the ICT Manager's responsibility is for the continuous development of an IT strategy, to initiate proposals for the introduction of innovative IT solutions to meet organisational needs, maximise utilisation and security of existing business systems and develop new applications, as well as manage and develop an established and skilled support team.
- Proficient knowledge in overall IT and Communications infrastructure, networks, IT security, hardware and also complex applications, databases (SQL), web and server-based solutions, software as a service (SAAS) approaches and detailed knowledge of Microsoft systems and software (including Office 365).
- Have a track record of delivering IT projects.
- Possess the gravitas to define strategy and clearly communicate this to other members of the senior management team.
Pathology is at the heart of modern healthcare. Pathologists work to prevent, diagnose, treat and monitor diseases and are involved in the diagnosis of disorders affecting every organ of the body, from before birth to after death. The majority of tests requested by doctors will be performed and interpreted by a clinical scientist or medically qualified pathologist.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please click the apply button to visit our website and download an application form.
Closing date: Monday 3rd February 2020
First Interviews will be held the week commencing 10th February 2020.