HR Officer based in West London
This role is for full time employment, with core hours 8:00-17:00 Monday-Friday. However, the company will consider applicant’s wishing to work part-time and/or flexible working hours.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in Human Resources or recruitment, with a thorough understanding of HR policy and procedures. The bulk of the role will involve employee orientations, supporting and guiding the HR department of the company, including overseeing processes and policies to make sure they are fair for all employees. We are eager for the right candidate who has excellent networking skills and easily connects with people. Being a detail-oriented individual who is able to adapt in a fluid work environment.
- Assisting with recruiting and staffing, such as conducting interviews.
- Support complex employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinary, grievances, absence, retirement and redundancy.
- Apply HR and business knowledge evidencing appropriate decision-making skills.
- Advise managers on the terms and conditions of employment and knowledge, share best practice with them.
- Develop HR policy and procedures to drive performance and mitigate disputes.
- Implement learning and development policy.
- Provide first line advice on current and existing benefits for employees and managers.
- Administer payroll and payroll records and keep accounts appraised of any changes.
- Work with appropriate parties on reward strategy.
- Managing performance of current employees.
- Overseeing compliance requirements.
- Proven HR generalist experience of three to five years is expected, preferably within a food processing and manufacturing environment.
- CIPD Level 3 and above desirable.
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills is required together with proven leadership capabilities and solid knowledge of employment legislation and its application.