A prestigious and highly regarded Oxfordshire based establishment is looking to hire a Human Resources Business Partner to join a busy team, on a 1-day-a-week basis in the Office, with the remainder to be worked remotely if desired.
Applicants are likely to be CIPD Level 7 Qualified or working towards it - and have extensive senior level HR experience in a large professional environment.
You will support staff across a specific function to deliver on-going HR operations as well as strategic goals such as the development of a Workforce Plan, covering the full employee lifecycle. This role will report directly into the Director of People and Organisational Development.
As an HRBP you will be required to advise on a range of area including; redundancy, TUPE, attraction and recruitment, onboarding, retention and reward / recognition and diversity & inclusion. The postholder will work closely and collaboratively with the Finance Business Partner for the area in supporting all leaders and managers across the business area.
There will also be some activities around employee relations in this role, advising on cases at all stages of the process.
You will need to develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships with all stakeholders and will provide coaching and training, briefing sessions for managers in their departments and contribute to policy development for employees. This will include working closely with teams in Resourcing and Talent Management HR Shared Services, Equality Diversity and Inclusion and Organisational Development.
You will possess strong UK Employment Law knowledge and be fully conversant with the current immigration and visa regulations and be able to find creative solutions to people problems that are not only legally compliant but innovative.
Key Responsibilities will include :
• To be the lead point of contact for people issues for a defined client area and work with departments as an HR Business Partner; to understand their business objectives and to facilitate professional and strategic HR support to enable the achievement of those objectives, and manage any associated risks.
• To create, develop and review a robust strategic Workforce Plan in collaboration with the Director for that client area and use this intelligence to contribute to the wider organisational People and Organisational Development Strategy.
• To understand and use workforce data insight and benchmark information to drive and inform future people strategies.
• Stakeholder Management, up to and including Directors - coach, advise and influence managers in a consistent manner to attain successful people outcomes. Build and maintain strong relationships with key internal and University wide stakeholders including Personnel Services, Line Managers, Senior Managers, Department Heads, SIT team, Rewards and HR Operations, and externally with local colleges, other related departments and other external bodies as appropriate.
• To lead from the organisation's perspective on a portfolio of employee relations cases including the management of complex or high-risk cases, up to and including employment tribunals. To investigate and hear/support investigations/hearings up to and including dismissal and work in collaboration with divisional and central HR as appropriate.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with staff representatives, as well as provide advice on the interpretation of internal HR policy on matters such as recruitment, equal opportunities, retirement, and voluntary severance and the creation and interpretation of policies and procedures
• To contribute significantly to the development and review of operational HR policies and procedures
• To contribute to regular development and briefing sessions for managers, up to an including Directors, tailored to each department's requirements to meet.
• Contribute to and lead projects both from within HR and the wider business. Work collaboratively with the wider HR team to design and deliver various initiatives for example induction; produce a development support to meet business needs in line with strategy.
• Lead on Organisational Development projects within their own client groups, ensuring stakeholders feel supported and enabled to deliver to a high standard