This is an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as an HR Business Partner. You will work in partnership with our hotel operational and Head Office business leaders, providing advice on a range of people management activities to drive their people plans and strategic aims and objectives. You ll enhance our people experience through our culture of Be Yourself Here, along with Apex s purpose, values and objectives.
Reporting to the Head of People Operations & Projects, you will support all of our business areas in London, Bath, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Dundee. This role is based in London, however it has responsibility for supporting the group on-site and remotely therefore may require regular travel to Bath, with some trips to Scotland.
You ll provide day to day proactive and pragmatic support to our leaders, demonstrating a best-in-class business partnering service to develop HR and cultural competency and knowledge on a range of HR operational issues. You ll also have the opportunity to reinforce our positive people experience and Be Yourself Here strategy through supporting a range of people initiatives.
Key responsibilities for the HR Business Partner are:
- Actively coach and develop managers HR and cultural competency and knowledge in relation to employee relations, building confidence in the practical application of our people-focussed policies and processes
- Provide timely and effective management of people issues including disciplinary and grievance cases, performance management, sickness absence and wellbeing and other ER-related activities
- Ensure our HR policies, processes, guidelines, tools and SOPs are kept up to date to reinforce positive people experience and effectively support our organisational purpose and culture, aligning all to our values and Be Yourself Here strategy
- Design and deliver training and coaching for our HR community and business leaders
- Support business leaders to ensure we treat everyone fairly and with respect, with an uncompromising mindset on delivering our Be Yourself Here strategy
- Analysing insight and translating key data into effective and commercially focused evidence-based people solutions to influence strategic and leadership action
- Undertake projects as required, to include but not limited to change processes, development of people policies, communication initiatives
- Previous experience of working within an HR function, with the ability to apply HR practice in a pragmatic, high quality and efficient manner
- Good knowledge and level of expertise of employee relations and people-based issues, with an understanding of the strategic function of human resources to deliver commercially sound solutions
- Professional Human Resources experience with a proven track record of effectively managing employment relations issues
- Experience of working in a fast-paced agile environment, balancing a varied and high-volume workload
- Numerate with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyse data and translate into actionable insights
- Organisational skills with great attention to detail and an outstanding service delivery mindset
- Proven skills in building positive and open relationships with the ability to work in a team environment and with many stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to modify communication style to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Proficient in various IT systems including Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook and HRIS
We encourage you to bring your true self to work. We ll provide great training and development opportunities, allowing you to flourish in a fulfilling career, reaching your dreams and aspirations. Our family can never be too big, there s a place here for you, we have just one ask - that you bring your personality, ideas, and spark.
Why join Apex Hotels?
When you join as HR Business Partner you ll receive a warm welcome into the Apex family. We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It s these values that support you to be yourself here at Apex Hotels. By bringing your own personality and ideas to the role, you ll add a new dynamic to our innovative and supportive team.
You will work with great people, enjoy your time at work, develop new friendships, networks, and skills, and of course you will also receive a competitive rate of pay and a generous range of employee benefits which includes:
- 29 days holiday
- Access to an external Employee Assistance Programme
- Entry to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Training and development from day one
- Employee events and celebrations
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- Inhouse company interactive employee communication APP
And once you smash your probation, you ll also receive
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical Illness & Death in Service cover
- Access to employee of the quarter and annual recognition schemes
- Long service recognition
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Probation Pass and annual anniversary complimentary guest experience overnight stay and dinner for two
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Discounted room rates for employees, friends, and families
- Spa discount