Are you a HR Administrator or an Experienced Administrator looking for a new challenge within HR?
SSCL deliver an HR service to the largest police force in the UK. Policing the streets is undoubtedly one of our most important public services, and one where it s critical to look after the people so they can give their best. Our HR Case Management service delivers professional HR guidance and advice, encouraging great decision-making when it comes to their people.
We are looking for HR Case Advisors to join our expert team, based in our Newcastle Centre of Excellence. You will be handling numerous cases to support recently promoted Sergeants navigating around policies and procedures for performance and attendance cases.
An exciting position that calls for an individual with excellent rapport building skills and the confidence to talk to new customers daily. You will be listening to individuals problems and offering impartial practical advice throughout the course of the query.
If you are an outstanding and highly motivated individual with passion and desire to contribute to the positive reputation of our business, we would love to hear from you!
What you will be doing:
- Lead a personal portfolio of cases, scheduling and prioritising activities based on each case.
- Offer a high level of service via telephone and email
- Provide expert advice on processes and policies
- Work as part of a team to deliver a high-quality, professional, and compliant service
- Maintain accurate records of case activity
- Identify potential challenges at the earliest opportunity and seek to intervene before an issue arises
- Contribute to evaluation and reflection activities to shape the service
- Lead own workload in accordance with contractually agreed timescales, quality indicators and service levels
What you ll bring:
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to quickly forge relationships, win trust and build confidence
- Experience of working within a role that requires interpretation and application of HR policies, ensuring compliance
- Effective problem solver
- Ability to work in an agile way, responding to the needs of the individual customer within a framework, rather than following a prescribed process
- Excellent organisational skills, with an attention to detail in record keeping
- Effective team player, who displays commitment and flexibility
- Strong customer focus
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and ability to learn to use bespoke systems
It would be great if you had:
- CIPD qualification
- Experience of working within a policing environment
- Experience of working with teams across multiple sites
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we re looking for, please do apply, we d love to hear from you!
Employment Type: Full-time, perm
Security Clearance Level NPPV1
Internal Recruiter Becky
Salary £24,720pa including flexible benefit fund
Benefits 25 days annual leave with the choice to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund.
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we believe that flexibility at work can promote work/life balance, increase your motivation, reduce stress and improve performance and productivity. We support different ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you re interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.
Loved reading about this job and want to know more about us?
SSCL is a leader in critical business support services for the largest Government departments, Defence, Police and CITB across the UK. We provide digital solutions and Innovation and Advisory services to improve end to end employee services including HR & Payroll, Finance, Procurement, Pensions Administration and Resourcing Services - enhancing the customer experience, enabling smarter public services.
We employ more than 2,800 people who, with their in-depth client knowledge and our collaborative approach, sit at the heart of our business strategy. SSCL operates at size and scale across the UK Public Sector and has already delivered savings c£400 million - providing more funds for front line public services.