On Line People are proud to represent our client who are recruiting for a home-based mobile engineer to cover the North Leeds and Wetherby area. This is a permanent position with a salary of £13 - £15 per hour, dependent on experience.
Home Based Mobile Engineer
To carry out diagnostics, service and repair of machinery effectively and competently within the geographical area, ensuring we deliver a first-class service to both internal & external customers. To be responsible for seeking revenue opportunities and discuss these with customers, Customer Support Representative's (CSR) and your Line Manager.
Main Tasks / Responsibilities / Authorities:
* To self-manage the service and repair Volvo construction equipment or miscellaneous equipment within the geographical area, maintaining safe working practices throughout.
* To identify mechanical problems, using technical knowledge and computerised diagnostic equipment, offering guidance and advice to the customer.
* To carry out duties in a commercially focussed way, seeking additional service revenue opportunities and promoting our aftermarket solutions.
* To be the main point of contact for the customer, ensuring high levels of satisfaction through effective resolution of queries and regular communication on planned site visits and machine repair progress.
* To carry out all work in line with quotations and time guides, highlighting to management and customers where additional work may be required.
* Maintain a sufficient personal toolkit to enable you to carry out the job effectively.
* Regarding company tooling (including but not limited to laptops, electronic timesheet, specialist tooling and lifting equipment), ensure defects are reported, use is in line with current test periods and in line with instructions/training.
* Ensure software updates are installed as new versions are released.
* Accurate completion of systems / paperwork (including but not limited to oil sample reports, Matris readouts, component failure reports, Engineer Report Generator's)
* Complete Personal Digital Assistants and electronic timesheet inputs in 'real time' providing comprehensive details of the work undertaken.
* To order parts for your work as necessary and to return parts in a clean condition and at the time of job completion, to aid the efficient invoicing of workshop jobs.
* To assist and coach colleagues with technical support and guidance where necessary.
* To ensure a smart and professional appearance, wearing appropriate work wear and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and to ensure housekeeping in your work area and van is of a high standard.
* Flexibility to work overtime as and when necessary and to honour reasonable call out requests.
* Attend any relevant product/systems training courses, staying away from home where required, to ensure a high standard of competence required to efficiently complete duties.
* Work in accordance with SMT GB standards of health, safety, quality and environmental care.
* Any other duties that may be reasonably requested by your manager.
Key Skills / Competencies:
* Be a good team worker.
* Able to self-manage and generate own work.
* Ability to communicate efficiently with colleagues, management and customers.
* Work with a cost-conscious mindset to ensure maximum profitability.
* Commercially aware, effectively managing the customers within the geographical area.
* Problem solving ability and high level of diagnostic skills.
* IT Literacy - basic computer skills and ability to use email.
* High standards and attention to detail.
* Conscientious in all aspects of the job.
* Highly responsible, reliable, honest and trustworthy.
* Ability to understand technical literature/systems.
Required knowledge & experience:
* A formal engineering qualification in Plant Maintenance, Agricultural/HGV mechanics (i.e. NVQ 3/C&G)
* Relevant experience in the repair and maintenance of heavy construction plant, including proven technical competence on diesel engines, transmissions, drive lines, hydraulics and electrics.
Advanced diagnostic and trouble shooting skills and comprehensive understanding of hydraulics, electrics and EATS.
* Desirable: Welding and fabrication
Additional important requirements:
* Must hold a full driving licence