Smile Leadership Ltd are currently seeking a dedicated, inspirational Headteacher for a Birmingham, West Midlands based SEN school. This role is offered on a full-time, interim basis to start from January 2022 or sooner for the right candidate. If you are an experienced Headteacher who has led within a SEN setting and are either local to or available to travel to the Birmingham, West Midlands area, we would like to hear from you. Smile Leadership Ltd is a sister company to Smile Education who are a leading education recruitment agency.
We are currently supporting an all-through SEN school in recruiting an experienced Headteacher. The role is initially on an interim basis; however, this could be made permanent for the right candidate. We are looking for a motivated and driven leader who has previous experience in leading a school with pupils with complex needs including those with SLD, MLD and ASD. Your main duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Provide strategic leadership and professional management for the school
• Inspire the whole school community and effectively provide vision, leadership, and direction
• Create and maintain an environment which promotes and secures outstanding teaching, effective learning, and high standards of achievement, behaviour, and a passion for learning
• Promoting excellence, equality and high expectations of staff and pupils and carry out day to day management of the school including statutory compliance
• Evaluating the standards of teaching and learning in the school, and ensuring that proper standards of professional performance are established and maintained
• Plan, allocate, support, and evaluate the work of teams and individuals, ensuring clear delegation of tasks and devolution of responsibilities
• Responsible for evaluating the school's performance to identify the priorities for continuous improvement and raising standards; ensuring equality of opportunity for all
To be successful in your application, you must have one of more of the following:
• Hold an NPQH or be studying towards your NPQH
• Previous experience working with primary and secondary ages in an SEN setting
• Be able to create a structured environment where pupils and staff can thrive
• Exceptionally dedicated to supporting pupils with SLD, MLD and ASD
If you would like to be considered for representation in the role, then please contact me directly on (phone number removed) to discuss the application process.
Alternatively, if you would like to have a confidential discussion surrounding other school posts available in the West Midlands area, please feel free to get in touch